Saturday, February 5, 2011

January - Mermaid Adrienne's 4th Birthday Party

The morning of her birthday party she got to open 3 gifts... mainly because they were part of the party prep! Blue nail polish (I had a blue-purple-green mani/pedi planned but we ran out of time...), Little Mermaid flip flops (you never know when an impromptu shoe change might come about), and Little Mermaid figures that became the table centerpiece.

The birthday outfit!
You can't make it out but on the center of the tutu is a starfish with a huge satin purple bow behind it... and throughout the tutu are crystal gems.
By the end of the night I had overheard EVERY woman say at least once, "I want one.... for MYSELF!"

I could go on (& on.... & ON.....) about the decor and finishing touches to make the Little Mermaid theme complete.... but I'll spare you the full disclosure. Suffice it to say, there was a grotto with whozits & whatzits, ocean dvd playing in the background, a gazillion purple-green-blue balloons, a seafood themed menu and seashells EVERYWHERE. I don't usually toot my own horn.... but BEEP BEEP. Disney called. They want to hire me as a party planner.

As I mentioned... balloons, balloons, BALLOONS.

Nick had an uncanny abililty to pop just about EVERY balloon he touched, thankfully most got away from him...

No caption required.
Just laugh.

Ryan was the first to arrive & Rob wisely got a picture of the 3 of them right away.
Why this is so funny:
Adrienne posing so nicely...
Ryan & Nick slyly scouting each other out.... waiting for the next chance to attack.


HAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

This is SUCH a great still shot of an ensuing fight.
"Niiii-iiiiick! Give me that!"
Nick now has a death grip on the paper.
"NOOOOO!"

What do you think of your sister's birthday party?
Here comes the cake!
YUM!!!!!!!!
OK, OK... there are 4,000 cake pictures because I just couldn't leave any of these out!!
Corinne just started piano lessons & decided she wanted to play happy birthday for Adrienne.... which she did... a few times! But what I totally did NOT expect and one of the best gifts of all..... she actually accompanied us while we SANG. Unreal. She JUST started lessons. I wouldn't have the nerve to do that after 10yrs of playing.... It was AWESOME!!!


She blows out the candle, I start hacking away at the cake, someone says, "You got a picture of the cake, right?" To which I replied the biggest, loudest, "Oh S***!!" that has ever been uttered.

Nick would NOT leave Ryan's side the ENTIRE night. So much so that he wouldn't even let the poor kid sit in his seat. He insisted on sitting IN the same chair as Ryan.

I love this picture.... so poignant
That's my BFF's (since 1st grade) daughter....

IIIIIII love a parade!
(especially when I'm master of ceremonies!)

Case in point, Nick's shadowing of Ryan reached an all time obsession post-cake when he literally, LITERALLY, would NOT let him go.

That's Nick... taking Ryan down.

Boys will be boys....
Or in this case... girls.

Uncle Achoo is SO funny!

Everything ok, Peter?

Forget musical chairs, how about musical piano bench!
How many kids can fit on my mom's lap?!

One of those completely unplanned, totally awesome moments.
Somehow Anne became Adrienne's Mermaid of Honor during gift opening. She whisked away the wrapping, kept the gifts in order.... the only thing missing was a hat made of the bows.

Ohhhh Anne. Dear, dear Anne. She gave Nick window markers (she felt bad since Adrienne was getting all the gifts).... for some reason, maybe it was a sugar high, maybe her tutu was too tight, Adrienne decided to color her FACE. The marker comes off the window easy as pie. Off of a wee one's face.... not so much.

Adrienne & my dad were cuddled up on the chair playing Leapster. Tori was not going to miss out on that lap. TOO CUTE!

And there's NO better way to end an Aunt Keri imbued evening than with a modeling shoot!

No comments: