Monday, February 21, 2011

February - Arts & Not So Crafts

2 more installments of our clone children:
First, Anal Adrienne at it again... She started with her birthday cards then moved on to doll clothes (I added the yellow lines - it's hard to see what's what in the picture).

Second, Nick & Greg. Or is it Greg & Nick....


Disney's version of Parenting magazine has been mysteriously arriving on my doorstep for the last few months. I'm pretty sure it's geared to a particular subset of parents: Stay at home, scrapbooking, helicopter-parenting moms with a limitless amount of patience and craft supplies.
(Yet I still read it cover to cover.)
Most of the time I get halfway through reading the instructions & craft supply list for a particular project & I'm a) confused, b) wondering if this was actually meant for adults to do or c) far too lazy to put that much effort into a 20min distraction. But this one caught my eye. 5 items & something a wee one could handle. Or so I thought.
I now know their magazine photo shoots are just about as true to life as their theme parks.

The child asked for a wipe. A WIPE!? Try a power washer, sweetheart!!!!



Holy...................... MESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Heaven on earth! (quite literally!!)
Adrienne is beside herself with joy over the new church being purple!
Washing dishes yesterday she came in, "Look mommy! Princesses!" Expecting to see the usual curly haired waifs I was completely surprised by her new people-pattern! Cinderella (orange, giving the stink eye to Ariel), Ariel (red) & Snow White (purple). And look at that smug smirk... she was SO proud of herself!!!!
Well this makes sense. What better way to channel princesses than by sitting on a thrown!?
The Ultimate Disney Princess Collection

No comments: