Cindy & I met in EARLY EARLY grammar school on the playground. I think it was 2nd or 3rd grade, she says 1st... but considering she has a memory like a steel trap & mine is more like a sieve, she's probably right... Anyhoo..... Here we are from MY 9th birthday party (aka April 1982) - she's on the left, I'm on the right.

Flash forward 29 years (UGH?!? how can THAT be right?!?!)
Party #1 for Cindy's son's 7th birthday! The kids were gathered, given the rules of engagement & sent off on a treasure hunt!
They were DELIGHTED on finding gold dubloons all over the house!!!
After the treasure hunt it was time to hand out the booty!
What a crack up! Look at the expressions on those kids when Cindy pulled out a gold treasure chest filled with party favors!
OOoooooooo! Wwwwwhhooooooaaa!
(seriously... click on the picture to blow it up to really see those faces!!)
She's really just a big kid....!
We were all in the kitchen... eating, drinking, chatting - all of a sudden la femme Stormtropper comes around the corner. Really now... what Stormtropper WOULDN'T want gold beads, a ballerina shirt & purple Belle socks?!
Nick giving the helmet a bit more of a deserved boy-stance....
How 15mos old Makenna even managed to pick it up is beyond me - it's freakin' HEAVY! But sure enough she got it on her head.
A real live toddler bobble head - and BOINK. She practically knocked Kaitlyn unconscious.
In case there was any question while singing happy birthday, Tom made sure to clarify exactly who the birthday boy was!
Party #2 - Laser Tag
We got the invite and I figured Adrienne wouldn't go for it - we'd just play in the arcade while the kids did this. Even while listening to the instructions she told me I could wear the vest.... that was... until it was her turn to put it on. I swear the laser was as big as she is!
All geared up for pandemonium!
She ran around saying, "PEW pew-pew-PEW!" as she lasered things (although she didn't get the concept of letting go of the trigger) just like Toby in Chipmunks Squeakquel. Hysterical!
She wasn't NEARLY as excited about the blacklight as I was to show it to her...
After going upstairs to warm up (it was freezing in there since it's right next to an ice skating rink) we headed back down but left the vest out of it & played tag. Well, until she turned the corner & crashed into Kaitlyn coming around the other side. That's when the video abruptly ends.
But seriously..... Had I known I was going to run around this much I never would've bothered with the treadmill this morning...
No comments:
Post a Comment