Thursday, February 24, 2011

February - Aphro P. Diti is in the HOUSE

Saturday morning I took the kids to a class at the Manasquan Reservoir. My parents have had such great times with them I thought I'd give it a shot. One & done.
It started off ok.... Nick got called up to hang his owl - which he wanted to do on the screen, not the wall - and that was the beginning of the end. He wouldn't sit down so I dragged him out of the class.

From there it spiraled downward rather quickly.
"NICK! Come over here and SIT DOWN!"
"NO!" (swatting at me from 20' away...)
"SIT!"
"NO!"
This went on for the next 2 hours. Finally after melting down (him, not me... but I was close) eating & sleeping I saw a little improvement. But this bad boy behaviour continued for another WEEK.
uuuuuuuuuggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Late that night, bad boy be damned, we were going to another fabulous Cousins-Rock-Band-Night hosted by Elena & Glenn!

Although you (ELENA!) almost never check in... I thought what a lovely surprise it would be to come across your delicious, gorgeous and incredibly impressive crab tower posted for all the world to drool over!!

Keri made it her mission to get Olivia to crack up - and she SERIOUSLY succeeded!
Tori & Olivia wasted no time in practicing up for Rock Band.

Her first try at Rock Band Night lead singer . I don't think she's ever even HEARD this song.... or Lady Gaga for that matter. And I'm pretty sure she can't read... but she still gave it a go!
Nick was simply delighted he could hit something without getting yelled at.




She gave up singing for a turn as the backup dancer. Nick wasn't getting up from the drums any time soon.



"So Pops... I got me a date with Toni Sue. She's comin' by the double wide tonight to watch some reruns of those Dukes of Hazard boys. I need to borrow them there tractor keys so I can take her out to the field for some cow tippin' after eatin'. Did Ma get extra of those dented cans of ravioli? I wanna make Toni Sue somethin' real special!"
"What do you MEAN I'm too big to fit in the Barbie Camper?!?!"


Nick's perfecting the Running Man....
Corinne... I think I'm going to have to talk to your mom about those dance moves....
And once Nick goes for the hairdryer, keep your eyes on Tori - getting herself dizzy!



Really Adrienne, don't hesitate to make yourself comfy in Aunt Elena's bed!
They both passed out in the car...
Adrienne criss-cross-applesauced her way into a deep slumber....

.... while Nick dreamt of stomping grapes....

No comments: