Sunday, November 20, 2011

November - The Winner's Circle & The Loser's Circle

'My Little Pony'...... for reals.
Her name is Ladybug!



.... and the LOVE is mutual!
Off to the British Show Pony Society show!

OK, OK.... so maybe they aren't actually crossing the Pond to go to Scotland but they did have a lovely gallop around the barn on sweet little Ladybug!

And in another horse-driven event.... We sponsored The Sport of Kings on behalf of my parents as a thank you for our upcoming vacation - more on that to come!
(Nick was having a LOVELY moment when we were trying to take this picture - or shall I say, an effective threat allowed us to take this picture....)

On the way in to the post-parade Greg called out to this jockey, "See you in the winner's circle..." And check out the jockey's you-know-it smirk!
If only ALL of Greg's picks could be this accurate..... or better yet, if only this jockey could ride in EVERY race...

So can you guess where this vacation is taking us?!?!

The race is off!
"GO GO GO!!!"

"Wait.... who am I cheering for......?"

And look who is in the lead!

Greg was right..... this guy IS a peach!

For all you Ocean's 11 fans..... you know the scene. Basher... the hotel razing.... I can't find a screenshot of it (!??!).
The point being..... we went to lunch and had the most INCREDIBLE window seats overlooking the track.... it was highly awesome.

The Boys

And The Girls
(at least we know where Nick gets his big head from.... good grief!!)

Segue to The-Christmas-Card-Photo-Shoot.....
Between Thanksgiving and immediately turning around to head off to see a man about a mouse (stole your line, Bec) I needed 3 things to be accomplished to have any chance of relaxation: the majority of Christmas-gift shopping, updating the blog & the printing of the Christmas cards.
The following are out-takes and the one runner up. Of course you'll be seeing the final selection in your mailbox in just a few short weeks...
I'm seriously considering doing a year with SOLELY out-takes..... they are far more representative of the daily grind than the 'clutch' shots.....
Nick is taking this photo shoot seriously....... *sigh*

.... and it's a downward spiral now that Adrienne is on to the goofiness...

"The sun.............. I'm MELLLLLLLTING................"

"MOMMY!!!!! LOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Ooops. Sprinklers. Still totally new to me too. They had just sprung to life..... doh!

Now.......................... over-the-top-cheese.

"DON'T TOUCH ME!" "NO! YOU DON'T TOUCH ME!!!!!"

Back to uber-cheese with the addition of eyes-closed.

Really Nick?

"Take the f%&#$%@ picture MOM!!!"

Nice Snooki. That's it, Nick. You're cut off - no more Jersey Shore for you (OR Daddy!!!).

Now you're a gangser!??! Trying to shake me down?? I don't think so, bud. I'M the one that brought you into this world.... and I can TAKE YOU OUT!!!!

"ONE MORE TIME, MOMMY!"
Yeah.... that's fair. I tried the 'one more time' line about 7 times BEFORE he called me out on it. Damn them learning to count!!!

I'm going to squish YOUR head!

No! I'm going to squish YOUR head!!!!

And............... the runner up. I can barely stand the cute factor of this shot, let alone the ones that were used in the 'official' Christmas card!!!
Coming to a mailbox near you!!!!!

No comments: