Friday, December 16, 2011

November - New Dog, New Heights & a New Greek

His name is Max.... and could they be ANY happier with their new pet!?!?


He already learned to give his paw!!
And he made himself right at home!
OK, ok.... we didn't get a dog - he's an old friend who came by for a visit... but doesn't he fit in so perfectly! Who are we kidding.... we can barely stay on top of caring for a cat & a fish! I think a dog is a few years off.... (but I DO look forward to it!)

Nick insisted that the stickers in his car book were gumdrops. Then he realized he was wrong! They're not gumdrops.... they're fingernails! So he did one of his finest impressions to date: The Crazy Lady (aka Aunt Linda).

Just a few months ago they struggled with this rope tethered pyramid.... suddenly they're both able to scamper right to the top - and 'pose' too!

Evelyn's Christening! A slathering of EVOO & a hat trick in the font... she's offically Greek!

The priest does the cutest thing - he brings the kids up to the alter, front & center, to watch AND to help! They were each given something that was needed for the ceremony...

Nick decided to distance himself from this scene. He already had his turn - once was more than enough!

With Evelyn off to the side getting dressed it was time for the candlebearers to prepare for their task.

"Before I hand each of you a candle, let's say a little prayer in hopes that you won't burn the place down."
I told the priest ahead of time that it was fine if they held candles while walking around the font - as long as they were NOT lit. I almost passed out when he handed Adrienne a lit candle. But as soon as it was in her grasp he had her blow it out. Ditto for Nick. So their candles were lit, just not while they walked. Brilliant!!

The walk commenced but stalled out a few times.... Nick & Bradley... aHEM!

I've been suspect for some time, but now I know for sure. This face - with those sucked in cheeks - means he's up to no goood!

And so begins the schenanegins.....


Really, Nick....? Really.............?!?

The best part of the ceremony.... when the parents have to kiss the hand of the godparent!

The new koumbara!

Congratulations, Evelyn Katherine!

"Look! We're perfect angels!"
hmmmmMMMMmmm! Sure. And I'm a size 2.

Hey! Maybe we're not so old after all! We made it to the kids table!!
The best part was having covert conversations about our upcoming visit to Shrewsbury.
('Shrewsbury': spytech for Disney!!!)

CHEESE!!!!!!!

"Well I think you're the prettiest girl in the whole wide world... just don't tell your mommy because I used to tell her the same thing - but that was until YOU came along..."
"I know, Pop Pop, I know. Mommy thinks she's all that & a bag of chips.... but I know I'M the cat's meow!"

A little QT with Mima too...

Mickey & Minnie... Joanie & Chachi.... Bradley & Cassie! These 2 TOTALLY hit it off!! C'mon!! Nothing says puppy love like rabbit ears!!! It was adorable to watch them chat it up all afternoon!
Adrienne is enamored with her big cousins - whether or not they want to be revered is completely irrelevant.

"So say good night to the bad guy! Come on. The last time you gonna see a bad guy like this again, let me tell you. Come on. Make way for the bad guy. There's a bad guy comin' through! Better get outta his way!"
Nick hit the Jordan almonds just a tad too hard that afternoon.....

No comments: