The high school class has a theme each week - the first being 'Getting to Know Each Other'. I told Adrienne that there would be a Show & Tell. Her eyes got wide and she said, "I'm going to draw a PICTURE!" "OK! Of what?!" "STAR WARS!!!!" I swear..... I did NOT prompt that in any way!!!
She went on to grab the DVD case for Return of the Jedi and sooooo carefully created this masterpiece. Sure, I was thrilled that she wanted to do SW and not some princess / Barbie thing. But the TIME and CARE she took to draw each character.... she put so much effort into it.
Afterwards she told me that the teacher held it up "everyone knew who they were!!" She then went on to say that she explained how Dark Vader cut off Luke's arm. !?!? Really!? Of ALL the lessons we talk about.... good people get tricked into doing bad things, learning from mistakes and doing the right thing, a parent's love for their child, good over evil.... and THAT is what she told the class. Ugh. The teacher probably hates us already.

I don't know WHAT happened.... but it was definitely worthy of being memorialized for all eternity. Sure things get cluttery on a daily basis.... but this was a whole new level of chaos. And it was JUST the 2 of them!!! There wasn't even another kid on which I could dole out partial blame!



On our way to church I had to get a picture of Adrienne wearing these pinkalicious shoes from Aunt Keri - they're finally a PERFECT fit.
As I was snapping away, trying to get Adrienne to do some sort of modeling pose without looking constipated, I completely missed the fact that Nick was mimicking her.... pose-by-pose.



Awww! And a hug to wrap up the shoot.

What they didn't know was AFTER church the 3 of us were hitting the beach!! All I told them was that they were going to get a surprise if they were SUPER good at church that morning. *sigh* If only EVERY Sunday could be followed with a day at the beach - that bribe worked like a charm! After church we drove all of 4 blocks and right there in front of The Stone Pony the 3 of us went from our prim & proper Sunday best to beach bums! Since I was doing this solo (first time ever) we went minimal accutrements: 1 beach bag, 3 towels, 2 buckets with a few diggers (which they had to carry) and lunch (thanks to the spanikopita sale after church).
"Mom! This is SO..... AWESOME!!!!"
Yes, that's really what she was saying when I snapped this.... and yes, I'd have to agree!

Little waves but lots of fun...





Now gearing up to face a few toddler-sized swells...







Maybe this was a tad more white water than they were ready to handle.... not that it stopped them from getting right back in the fray once they got all the water out of their noses!



When a lightsaber isn't handy.... a plunger will do just fine.
She went on to grab the DVD case for Return of the Jedi and sooooo carefully created this masterpiece. Sure, I was thrilled that she wanted to do SW and not some princess / Barbie thing. But the TIME and CARE she took to draw each character.... she put so much effort into it.
Afterwards she told me that the teacher held it up "everyone knew who they were!!" She then went on to say that she explained how Dark Vader cut off Luke's arm. !?!? Really!? Of ALL the lessons we talk about.... good people get tricked into doing bad things, learning from mistakes and doing the right thing, a parent's love for their child, good over evil.... and THAT is what she told the class. Ugh. The teacher probably hates us already.
I don't know WHAT happened.... but it was definitely worthy of being memorialized for all eternity. Sure things get cluttery on a daily basis.... but this was a whole new level of chaos. And it was JUST the 2 of them!!! There wasn't even another kid on which I could dole out partial blame!
On our way to church I had to get a picture of Adrienne wearing these pinkalicious shoes from Aunt Keri - they're finally a PERFECT fit.
As I was snapping away, trying to get Adrienne to do some sort of modeling pose without looking constipated, I completely missed the fact that Nick was mimicking her.... pose-by-pose.
Awww! And a hug to wrap up the shoot.
What they didn't know was AFTER church the 3 of us were hitting the beach!! All I told them was that they were going to get a surprise if they were SUPER good at church that morning. *sigh* If only EVERY Sunday could be followed with a day at the beach - that bribe worked like a charm! After church we drove all of 4 blocks and right there in front of The Stone Pony the 3 of us went from our prim & proper Sunday best to beach bums! Since I was doing this solo (first time ever) we went minimal accutrements: 1 beach bag, 3 towels, 2 buckets with a few diggers (which they had to carry) and lunch (thanks to the spanikopita sale after church).
"Mom! This is SO..... AWESOME!!!!"
Yes, that's really what she was saying when I snapped this.... and yes, I'd have to agree!
Little waves but lots of fun...
Now gearing up to face a few toddler-sized swells...
Maybe this was a tad more white water than they were ready to handle.... not that it stopped them from getting right back in the fray once they got all the water out of their noses!
When a lightsaber isn't handy.... a plunger will do just fine.
No comments:
Post a Comment