Another day, another opportunity to glam it up in sunglasses... 
Showing Marshall some love.... Nick kept his distance.
Oh, you know.... another usual, hum-drum day with Yiayia.... riding on the bulldozer.... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Lest the bulldozer be the highlight of the day, there was still more fun on the docket: A more 'traditional' Friday afternoon Yiayia-project with the usual suspects. The 'ususal suspects' being cookies, chocolate & sprinkles.... not Adrienne & Nick! (I LOVE this picture of Adrienne - SO cute!! Nick is trying to eat a sprinkle - with his front teeth - hence the constipation face.)
Do as I say, not as I do.
Yiayia dipping the cookies in molten chocolate...
... and the artists go to work with their sprinkles.
Their first Monmouth Symphony Concert! We made it through the first half but it was a lost cause at the start of the second when Nick's open bag of goldfish fell off his chair. A sea of neon orange crackers coated the floor spanning 3 chairs & 2 rows... I looked at my dad & he knew. He managed to help us escape in one fell swoop. *phew* But before the Deadliest Catch hit the Count Basie mezzanine we went down to see my mom at intermission. Due to the fanatical groupies (what, just because the average age of a Monmouth Symphony concert-goer is 72 you think there aren't crazed fans?) they now have a body guard blocking backstage access (swear - it's true - the guy was a monster!) so my mom had to come out into the crowd with us lowly masses... The kids JUMPED into her lap! So cute!

The first time I've let them get ice cream CONES. They've been denied that luxury up until now - what a DEPRIVED childhood they have... I know... Adrienne was BESIDES herself with excitement... "LOOK!!! An ice cream CONE!!!!" *giggle* Nick, on the other hand, no commentary, no fuss, practically no movement - except for bringing his cone to his mouth & sticking out his tongue to lick it.
No really. She laughed and giggled almost the ENTIRE time she ate it.
Some tweeny-pop-princess music (if you can call it that, being the crotchety old bitty I am) started blaring from the speakers and she started her head bobbing, hair swinging dance. Every time she pulls this move I can only thing of one person....
The little chefs are at it again. But with knives. REAL knives. Adrienne is chopping so fast she's a blur! (ok, more like I didn't have the flash on & even a creeping turtle would look like a blur...) And Nick.....ohhh Nick. He has never lasted so long for a cooking project. He was NOT going to hand over that knife until every last pepper was chopped.
They even did the ONIONS! I had tears streaming down my face but these hash slingers were dedicated to the cause! (the cause being homemade salsa... yum!)
About to board the train, heading back from Boston I suddenly realized "WE NEED TO BRING THEM A TREAT!" I spotted lobster lollipops at the sweet shop bodega. PERFECT! You know..... I always thought Ludens cough drops would be SO yummy as regular candy. I was wrong. Gross. But the kids loved them (shocker) as did their cheeks, chins, ears, the couch, table...
Outer Rim pirates..... mid-ARRGGHH!

Showing Marshall some love.... Nick kept his distance.

Oh, you know.... another usual, hum-drum day with Yiayia.... riding on the bulldozer.... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Lest the bulldozer be the highlight of the day, there was still more fun on the docket: A more 'traditional' Friday afternoon Yiayia-project with the usual suspects. The 'ususal suspects' being cookies, chocolate & sprinkles.... not Adrienne & Nick! (I LOVE this picture of Adrienne - SO cute!! Nick is trying to eat a sprinkle - with his front teeth - hence the constipation face.)

Do as I say, not as I do.
Yiayia dipping the cookies in molten chocolate...

... and the artists go to work with their sprinkles.

Their first Monmouth Symphony Concert! We made it through the first half but it was a lost cause at the start of the second when Nick's open bag of goldfish fell off his chair. A sea of neon orange crackers coated the floor spanning 3 chairs & 2 rows... I looked at my dad & he knew. He managed to help us escape in one fell swoop. *phew* But before the Deadliest Catch hit the Count Basie mezzanine we went down to see my mom at intermission. Due to the fanatical groupies (what, just because the average age of a Monmouth Symphony concert-goer is 72 you think there aren't crazed fans?) they now have a body guard blocking backstage access (swear - it's true - the guy was a monster!) so my mom had to come out into the crowd with us lowly masses... The kids JUMPED into her lap! So cute!
The first time I've let them get ice cream CONES. They've been denied that luxury up until now - what a DEPRIVED childhood they have... I know... Adrienne was BESIDES herself with excitement... "LOOK!!! An ice cream CONE!!!!" *giggle* Nick, on the other hand, no commentary, no fuss, practically no movement - except for bringing his cone to his mouth & sticking out his tongue to lick it.
No really. She laughed and giggled almost the ENTIRE time she ate it.
Some tweeny-pop-princess music (if you can call it that, being the crotchety old bitty I am) started blaring from the speakers and she started her head bobbing, hair swinging dance. Every time she pulls this move I can only thing of one person....
The little chefs are at it again. But with knives. REAL knives. Adrienne is chopping so fast she's a blur! (ok, more like I didn't have the flash on & even a creeping turtle would look like a blur...) And Nick.....ohhh Nick. He has never lasted so long for a cooking project. He was NOT going to hand over that knife until every last pepper was chopped.

They even did the ONIONS! I had tears streaming down my face but these hash slingers were dedicated to the cause! (the cause being homemade salsa... yum!)

About to board the train, heading back from Boston I suddenly realized "WE NEED TO BRING THEM A TREAT!" I spotted lobster lollipops at the sweet shop bodega. PERFECT! You know..... I always thought Ludens cough drops would be SO yummy as regular candy. I was wrong. Gross. But the kids loved them (shocker) as did their cheeks, chins, ears, the couch, table...
Outer Rim pirates..... mid-ARRGGHH!
Serious Business
It was TOTALLY worth the jelly bean bribe to get this MINT Millenium Falcon photo op. And I got it with the FIRST shot!!
Playing Twister, with a twist... (and a sumersault...)
Wait, is that CORN.... or a BANANA!?
An oddly calm, quiet & polite moment during dinner...... Which happens more often: Haley's Comet or Serenity at the Dinner Table?
While here we start to see it devolve into the normal realm of conversation (if you can call it that) and dropped miscellany.
And Adrienne singing Once Upon a Dream. Again. I know, I know.... AGAIN!?!? But one day she'll be into Justin Bieber (shudder) and these days will be long gone.... so enjoy the innocence (and faulty lyrics) while you can....
No comments:
Post a Comment