Time for the (not so) big parade through town!
I made chicken nuggets for lunch - which they got to eat on the stroller ride over to the 'main drag'. They just thought that was the cat's meow.
As for the attire... Super corny, matching madras bottoms - Nick has shorts, Adrienne has a skort. I couldn't resist.
No, Adrienne's madras hat does not even remotely match her madras skort. And yes, it's on backwards... but she insists on the bow being in the front. *sigh*
I made chicken nuggets for lunch - which they got to eat on the stroller ride over to the 'main drag'. They just thought that was the cat's meow.
As for the attire... Super corny, matching madras bottoms - Nick has shorts, Adrienne has a skort. I couldn't resist.
No, Adrienne's madras hat does not even remotely match her madras skort. And yes, it's on backwards... but she insists on the bow being in the front. *sigh*
Who turns the corner but DANIEL! Nick's BFF from school!! It was like spotting a celebrity!
These pictures need no description or explanation.... it was simply... FUN!
"Nick! The fire trucks are coming!! SEE how LOUD they are?!"
(after explaining see / hear about 5 times I gave up on that one...)
(after explaining see / hear about 5 times I gave up on that one...)
Ooooooooo!
And now... they're here.
And... just like last year, she's white on rice.
After the excitment of the parade and a nice loonngg nap the kids wanted cheeseburgers for dinner. OK, it WAS Memorial Day and all... but that would mean I would have to pack them up to go to the foodstore and THEN figure out how to get the grill going. Ugh. Forget it. Called the local burger & a beer joint... wah-hoo! They were open!
We got there to pick up our 'bbq' but Nick got detained... he could NOT figure out how to get out.
Gives new meaning to a strapping young buck.
Last but not least... In Memoriam, Cypress Cafe, May 2002 ~ May 2011
No comments:
Post a Comment