Wednesday, June 8, 2011

May - An Entire Summer in 24hrs

What better way to kick off a holiday weekend than with a tall, cool one the Friday before Memorial Day. Since my usual drinking buddy (that would be DH) is off raking in the dough I had to bring along the next best co-pilot: My 4-year old daughter.
She was VERY excited to not only have a mixed drink (aka Shirley Temple) but it was also served in a BIG GIRL GLASS (how that pint glass didn't get tipped over is beyond me...)
Anyway, it was a mini "girl's night out" (more like sat there for 15min while we waited for our pizza) while Nick was at home with Papou doing yard work.


Saturday morning, off to get new skips and some play time in one of the smallest, yet most enjoyed playgrounds (if you can even call it that....) at the Outlets - they LOVE this little seashore setup.
SCORE! Awesome two-some shot! SO awesome, in fact, that I posted it to the Parenting photo contest - so go vote for them!!!




We wasted no time in putting those new shoes to work & headed right over to the Choo Choo train park. We took a walk over to Cravings for summer sustenance in the form of sea creature cookies. Yum!

While we were at the park they asked to go in the sandbox. I hate letting them burrow through that filthy, oversized, wild animal litter box.... BUT it's the start of summer, we have nothing spectacular lined up for the afternoon so sure.... go for it. I'll just give you a bath when we get home.
NO NEED!
We hopped out of the car and they spotted Mr. Salmon's sprinkler - each took a few quick turns sticking their head under it. Mr. Salmon got a kick out of it and said, "Any time the sprinkler is running feel free to put on some bathing suits and have a go!" REALLY?! OK!! I highly doubt he expected us to jump on that bandwagon so quickly but we were ALL over that invite!
They were a little timid at first... But that didn't last long.





Mommy! Watch THIS!

Where'd it go!?
Trying to stick his tush in the water like Adrienne (hence her giggle)

Doh! That chubby tush was no match for gravity.
Adrienne finally mastered the sprinkler enema.
Love the expressions caught in these!

After naps (myself included), we headed over for our first track day with Greg.
Anxiously staring me down as I struggle to reconfigure our 2 single strollers into a slick double stroller. Because I'm so cool like that.

OK, a totally crappy picture - but it's the only one with all 3 of them in the same frame.
POINT IS..... *yeah* spending the evening with daddy at the track!!

Why Greg is the good cop: He gives them FOOD.
Why I'm the bad cop: I give them LECTURES.
Hot pretzels followed up with popcorn then a dinner of cheeseburgers and fresh cut French fries with ice cream CONES (!!) for dessert.
Nick INSISTED on putting a napkin in his lap. Really? Really, Nick? I think he needed something more akin to a space suit to keep the ice cream from getting almost everywhere - except his mouth.

Back at the car Adrienne announces, "I have to go potty."
Oh yikes. I never asked her.... and she hasn't gone ONCE since we left the house.
Well thank heaven for one of the most helpful (albeit it, slightly odd) hand me downs from Ryan. A toddler sized Johnny on the Spot!! This has now saved my arse (well, more like Adrienne's) 3 times now.
So here's the scene in the parking lot: I'm trying to get Nick to NOT TOUCH ANYTHING along with not running into the middle of the car lane while I'm getting Adrienne set up to pop a squat in the truck.

Ugh. This picture just does NOT do it justice. You cannot wrap your head around the amount of ice cream that was on this child. See what he's doing with his hands - rubbing them together like thats LOTION.
I was NOT letting him anywhere near my newly detailed leather seats and freshly washed car seats. 47 wipes and a strip show later....

..... this picture says it all:
A silly, crazy, ridiculously FUN, blur of a day.
Let's recap:
Breakfast, shoes, playground, bakery cookies, playground / sandbox, sprinkler, lunch, nap, track, hot pretzels, popcorn & ice cream cones, cheeseburger & French fries, port-a-potty in the truck and driving home nude.
Yup. Summer Saturdays are back....

No comments: