Wednesday, April 27, 2011

April - Mercury is in Retrograde

For the past few weeks I've been attributing extraordinarily horrific behaviour to excitement over the Easter holiday fast approaching.... growth spurts.... Nick being a whole lot o' 2... Adrienne being a whole lot of girl.... and a bevy of other excuses that seemed to explain away the madness.
But it was earlier this particular day, just hours before Nick colored his face, Adrienne got sent to her room - twice, and a laundry list of other misdemenors, that I came upon the truth behind all these wretched, who-has-possessed-my-children actions.
Adrienne called me into the family room, "OOOOOooooo!! Mom-MMMYYYY! Look what Nick did!!"
*sigh*
I looked at Greg, shrugged my shoulders & said, "Mercury is in retrograde for 4 more days."
"What's THAT supposed to mean?!?"
"That means we have 96 hours left until the mayhem drops back down to its usual level of controlled chaos."
My calendar has now been updated through the end of 2012 with every Mercury retrograde cycle.
Next time.... I'll be prepared!!!



English muffin pizza night.
A) Adrienne continuing to wear her new headband like a Solid Gold dancer.
B) Nick is absent from this picture due to the fact his arse has been thrown on the naughty chair (again) for having a meltdown over something which neither Adrienne nor I had any clue. He remains absent for the majority of prepping dinner since he is screaming "NOOO! Noooooooooooo!!!!" and blowing rasperberries off in the distance.
He finally decided to calm down and join us....
and made his English Muffin Pizza with EXTRA cheese.

Even with Mercury in retrograde there were a few poignant moments like this one...
Cuddling up together to watch Star Wars while Adrienne continues to rock the 70's headband & slathering Nick with lipgloss...

Another day, another opportunity to prove that she was born 3 decades too late....
(jeez... I think I better get the girl a new pair of pjs... she looks like a sausage!)

This is getting posted for the sheer fun of writing thought bubbles.... We went to Vic's Pizza after Holy Unction...
Nick: "Oooooo! That white shirt would look SO much better with red pizza sauce hand prints!"
Aunt Tasi: "Ewww. Yicky, dirty little children. Oooo Arthur... keep them over on your lap - away from me!"
Uncle Arthur: "Blasted kids in my lap... now I can't get to my BEER!"
Adrienne: "I'm a fish!"

I've been coming home to incredible (and true!) tales of trips to the beach, indoor playhouses, meeting new critters at the barn, playing with kids from all over town and oodles of art projects decorating the house.
But THIS particular project took things to a whole new level. In a battle worthy of Iron Chef....
"Kyo no tema.......... PEEPS!"
Adrienne takes no prisoners as she decapitates the first Peep.

The silent screams of the Peep don't deter Nick either...

No time for petting them... the clock is ticking in Kitchen Stadium...

Rolling out the sticky rice
(sticky Rice Krispie Treat, that is...)

Layering the Peepshimi

Wrapping the roll

"Who take it? Whose cuisine reigns supreme?!"

In a rare Iron Chef deadlock, it was a split decision as everyone devoured Peepshi and took off on explosive sugar highs...

No comments: