I can TOTALLY hear it...
"Nick... turn around..." "NO!"
It was well worth succombing to the advice of his elders because who should appear but.........
THE EASTER BUNNY!!!!

They played bingo, the Easter Bunny came right over & sat with Adrienne & Nick, they darted right up to him afterwards (completely ignoring the line that had started to form. ugh... yes... those are MY obnoxious kids....) and in all little kid ways FREAKED OUT with glee.
Santa Claus... ehh. The Easter Bunny... BRAIN MELTING EXCITEMENT. 

After the meet & greet, over to the Cypress for lunch with Greg...
A stop at the park before heading home...
This is DEFINITELY a bad plan, buddy.
So wait... I turn left at the tree stump, right at the holly tree and straight into the street? No... that's not right. Maybe Nick should drive....
I swear it's in the very fiber of their being...
boys + anything relating to dirt = HEAVEN
We have the video 'The Easter Bunny is Comin' To Town' (Rankin/Bass's 1977 follow up to 'Santa Claus is Comin' To Town') which the kids have been asking for incessently since LAST Easter. The rabbit's name is Sunny. For some reason they call him Johnny. And this ISN'T EVEN HOW THE SONG GOES!!!
Ooofs. What more do I need to say??
I'd say somewhere between 5 to 37 times a day we get serenaded by at least one American Idol hopeful, if not both, with Once Upon a Dream. Be forewarned... don't try to correct her version of "I'm eating sam a wanna seem" with the correct lyrics of "that visions are seldom all they seem" because let me tell you something: you're wrong. WRONG! SHE'S got it right.
Cheap thrills.... sitting on the drain.
No comments:
Post a Comment