Tuesday, April 19, 2011

April - Crossing the Delaware

Recharging their batteries en route out to visit Uncle Thunder, Aunt Laurie & Olivia.
(what can I say... sleeping-baby-car pics always amuse me...)
Anyway, during the car ride Adrienne made a comment that almost had me drive off the road.
Backstory:
She's in full-on poop/toot mode lately - especially after her nasty stomach bug a few weeks ago. When she had a huge accident in the middle of the night (poor thing made it to the bathroom, but not onto the potty) we kept telling her not to be upset - it's happened to everyone at some point... me, Greg.... she asked "Uncle Peter?" "Oh yeah... it's DEFINITELY happened to Uncle Peter." "He's realy stinky?" "He's SOOOO stinky." "If he poops I'll run real far." "Oh yeah. Run to the far far far other side of the house because it's going to REALLY stink."
So this is now a recurring conversation to various degrees of Peter's poop/toot stink factor.
(now we know where Stinky Tori gets it!! ;) )
As usual, the same conversation persisted this afternoon but she posed an intriguing new question:
"When Uncle Peter toots does he make holes in his panties?"


We headed out to a park for an afternoon outside & check this out! Those crazy Pennsylvanians put some unique activities in their playgrounds: a Toddler Centrifuge...?!?
(Oh, and no, I did not dress her like a Minnie Mouse Mime, she was wearing a red tutu but I took it off for the playground....)




She totally thought she was doing this on her own...



I completely forgot the joys of being outside with continuous shooting!!!
(so be prepared... this post is full of them....)



His first run down the slide...
HA! AWESOME!
His second...
Here we GO!!
ooohhhhhhh!
wha-HOO!

Uh-oh... going a little fast....

Whoa! Catchin' some air!

Thud.

"So Nick, what do you want?"
"I'll have vegables."
Yes, he asked for vegetables.

Adrienne met a man... I warned her about long distance relationships but AJ managed to woo her with a lovely car ride into the country...
Then he tried to dismiss me commenting that, "When this playground is a rockin' don't come a knockin'."
That's it. Get away from my daughter.

Nick... easy on the "cheese"...

Several dozen unsucessful shots later, Olivia & Nick peel off... meanwhile Adrienne's still posing...


Back at the house, time for a scooter tour of the neighborhood...

SO excited to be on his scooter!!
(now watch the progression of the house in the background... I'd be surprised if he actually moved more than 8")

Yes.... I'm still watching you!

The tongue flip means one thing: SERIOUS concentration.

These 2 turned the couch into a jungle gym... Nick showed her the wonders of fort / castle building with cushions and Olivia introduced him to the awesome SMACK of skin slapping down on leather.
Trying to go for the "cousins shot"...
Olivia looks great but Adrienne is possessed & Nick looks like a zombie.
How 'bout we save those looks for Halloween.

Winner, winner chicken dinner!

No comments: