OMG!!! WE'RE IN DISNEY!!!!!
(more like OMG!!! we FINALLY got into our hotel room!)
My parents wanted to give each of them a costume to wear while touring Disney. And part of my deal with Adrienne about being Sally for Halloween (at the 11th hour she suddenly wanted to be Tinkerbell!) was that after Thanksgiving she could pick ANY princess costume she wanted.... so under the dark of night my mom and I tracked down Tink and.....
.... Captain Hook costumes!!
What can I say....!? I'm a sucker for hotel towel creations!!
OK Tori.... this one is for you! Look who was all over our rugs!!!
And Keri... a Tink modeling shot for you.
"Ugh. WHAT mom?? WHAT?!"
(her thoughts probably aren't as benign as that.... I'm just not sure she know what an f-bomb is quite yet....)
Attempting to get a precious twosome shot all decked out.
(I attempted a lot of these..... and I guess I should be thankful I got a killer Christmas card shot and leave it at that...)
Being that a surprise trip to Disney wasn't enough.... and surprising them with new dress-up clothes wasn't enough.... they had yet another surprise tucked away in our luggage - signature books! And naturally, they went right to work signing them!
*sigh*
GUYS!!! Those are for the CHARACTERS to sign! Not for YOU to write in!!!
"Hailing the Royal Billows Family for dinner!"
As Peter Pan says, here we go! Our FIRST character dinner... with princesses!!
It's BELLE! She was actually the second character we saw - she strode by us in France in her provincial blue dress, nose in a book. The kids were indifferent (?!) but I thought it was so neat she was just strolling about!
Back to dinner and Nick's excitedly hollaring at her, "I WROTE A 'W'!!" Poor Belle was trying to figure out WHAT he was talking about...


The first princess to visit our table happens to be the first princess they ever saw on screen - Sleeping Beauty!
Next up, Cinderella....
.... Nick looked up and said, "Will you draw pictures with me?!" And instead of excusing herself politely (which I had already done on her behalf, reminding him that she had to go visit all the other kids) she stood there intent on his book.... long enough that I finally asked if she was having a problem with the pen. She said "No... I'm a terrible artist but I wanted to draw him a picture!"
What an absolute sweetheart she was! It made Nick's day!!
Well, until Snow White came along.... Nick! Don't you think you're being a little FORWARD!? Jeez... you just met her!
Cinderella better get her arse back to the table and up the ante - a cartoon bear isn't going to cut it since Snow just let him get to 2nd base.
Here she is! The mermaid, the myth, the legend.... Ariel.
She was in heaven!
After dinner it was time for the princess parade which I had COMPLETELY forgotten about! Each princess gathered a group of girls to march through the restaurant...
Wait. Did I say 'princess'? 'group of girls'?
Yup. It was 30+ mademoiselles and one pirate. He didn't miss a beat. They called the 'girls' up and he hopped right off his chair and joined in.
In another neat little twist, she was the ONE AND ONLY Tinkerbell!
Parade wraps up and they announce, "OK princesses, take a bow!" All the girls scatter back to their tables. All except one who wanted her 15 minutes of fame.
Since we were in Norway... do as the Scandinavians do: Throw on a viking helmet and hang with the trolls.
Someone needs to lay off the acquavit...
(click on the picture to get a better view of the elf's face)
After dinner we met back upwith Corinne & Cassie and headed back to Nemo. And another attempt at a group shot. Nick insisted on taking this woman's hand and was trying to convince her to get up on the rocks with them.
"You can stand RIGHT HERE!"
All 10 of us on Nemo's ride....
Looks like Bruce is having kid for dessert too!
There's no question Nick absolutely loves Upchaot (he says it with an adorable British accent).... but the VERY best thing about it...
Achoo is there.

And with that.............. Disney Day 1 (and what a day it was):
DONE!
No comments:
Post a Comment