Monday, October 17, 2011

September - Heigh HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Up until March-April-ish Nick was gung-ho for a Jack (aka Nightmare Before Christmas) birthday party. THEN we watched Snow White.
He didn't want a Snow White birthday party. He didn't want a 7 Dwarves birthday party. He wanted a Heigh HOOOOOOOOO birthday party. And for the next 4mos+ we heard various choruses of "heigh hooooooooo" echoing through the house all. day. long.
The biggest hurdle in giving Nick his Heigh Ho party was convincing Greg that no-way-no-how would Snow White make ANY appearances at his boy's 3rd birthday bash. And I kept my promise. (although someone else likes to break the rules....)
So the big day was finally here. While the kids were out & about we decorated the house with all-things-heigh-hooo. This was the moment they first walked in & spotted Dopey. I think Adrienne was more excited than Nick!


They raced around the house - looking for the 7 dwarves and acting out the respective personality. Here's...... Sneezy!
(Oh and the random polka dots on the walls are gems... since the dwarves work in a diamond mine we bespeckled the house with rubies, diamonds and sapphires. They aren't impressive in the pictures but they looked great in person!)
To be filed under "the best pictures are always the blurry ones"...
Grumpy.

Take 2. Of course there's no recapturing the moment...

No, that's not chocolate cake on his face. It's dirt. What can I say, the day was gorgeous and the kids were outside 99% of the time. He only had 2 requests all day.... to run around outside with no shoes on and "to eat outside... with the mosquitos." And yes, that's a quote. Point is, if running around barefoot is all the boy wants, have at it. I'm just not sure how his face ended up dirtier than his feet.....!?

So everyone was rounded up and brought inside - my mom played music from Snow White while the kids were given their favors - dwarf beards and wooden whistles (get it... Whistle While You Work) - and instruments were handed out so everyone could join the band.
Better than the ear-splitting music (and I use that term loosely) that emitted from the living room were the antics with the beards and whistles.... Corinne took 1st place in this shot.

Tom rockin' the inside-out chin curtain...

And Ryan with the eyeball beard!?

Adrienne got the swing of it!

Even the grown-ups had to shake their grove thing during The Silly Song.

This dwarf had one too many shots of apple cider!

What I really can't understand is HOW her feet got THIS dirty when she was wearing flip flops?!? I thought I was going to give Nick a bath by hose.... but I'm going to need brillo and bleach for those piggies!

And the moment we've all been waiting for.... the cake!
Look at that smug face... he knows it's all for him & he's loving it!

WHO IS THIS LITTLE MAN!?!?
Where did my chubbers go!?!?

"It's ok A'dwien. You can have a lick."

Happy Birthday, buddy!!!!

Ooey. Gooey. Sticky. YUM!

Adrienne is completely wired on a sugar high and Nick is about to pass out from food coma.
My darling Corinne.... Whether it's enjoying my odd looking confectionaries or donning faux facial hair, she is always my champion of ridiculousness!

But the best part of the day.... Yiayia Lou heard about Greg's refusal to allow Snow White to make an appearance in any way, shape or form. Well, she fixed him up real good.

No comments: