Wednesday, September 28, 2011

September - Pure Americana Part 1

An afternoon at Yiayia's house starts with the pool-water-slide and AWESOME pictures of Adrienne & Nick. I was so torn... I had to post all 3!


Adrienne got her grubby fingers on my camera and snagged this killer shot of Nick.
He's such a ham!
And then HE wanted to take a picture of HER and got THIS killer shot!
If Nick is ham then she's pork roll!!!!

Yiayia with the grandbabies #1, #2 & #3. Well, in the picture #2, #3 & #1.

Enough with the photo shoot. Time to play.
Adrienne wasn't moving fast enough so Nick gave her a little brotherly shove.

Ending up on the opposite side of the (oh-so-vast) pool and using it as a pillow looked like a TON of fun....

So Nick had to try too.

Sure it's an adorable picture until you notice........ Olivia & Nick eyeing each other up!
That's just TOO cute for words!!!!
(seriously, this is worth clicking on to see it full size!!)

But the biggest thrill of the day... was getting to meet their new cousin Evelyn!
Clearly, Evelyn was equally as excited about meeting them.
WHY IS THE ONLY PERSON LOOKING AT THE CAMERA THE 8-WEEK-OLD?!?

OK, that's better. Kinda.

The next morning they went right back over to Yiayia & Papou's for a chocolate chip cookie baking session. Though the recipe had been used before there was something magical about this particular batch.... I kid you not when I say these cookies had the angels singing and my seams splitting. Absolutely DIVINE.
Adrienne: "If I close my eyes the calories won't count!"

Cookies? What cookies? We're not eating any cookies.....

Nick: "Papou! These cookies are TO DIE FOR!!!"

We thought this was the end of the line for Calvin. But as Greg put it, this cat has 15 lives.
Poor thing had a rough few days (As in, I was up until 2am the night before Nick's birthday party CONVINCED I was going to have to put him down that morning.... ugh. Needless to say, the fleabag survived.) - and curled up for some extra loving with the kids.

So if baby pools, water slides and chocolate chip cookies worthy of sainthood weren't enough Americana for you then this should tip the scales.
Bowling.
Their very first time swapping foot sweat with the DMV crowd.

Right!?

No comments: