Wednesday, September 21, 2011

August - Don't Be a Guppy!

(Well Tammy, you've waited patiently enough.... so I'll start off this post with your own little cherub!)
Immediately after seeing an off-off-off-off-OFF Broadway production of Pinkalicious a few months back, Adrienne asked to go to "a Little Mermaid show". I told her I didn't think Little Mermaid was playing anywhere. She gave me a highly skeptical look and flatly said, "I'll ask Aunt Keri." Clearly, the "my-parents-know-NOTHING" belief has firmly set in. Well, as it turns out, she was right. (this ONE time) She wasted NO time in asking Keri who then went off in search of finding Little Mermaid on stage. Since Keri never fails to come through on anything girly-girl / princess / Ariel related she found a show. A date was picked, tickets were bought and the wee ones were assembled.
And in a huge baby-book-moment, this was Logan's VERY FIRST show! *tear* SO honored that we got to be part of one of his 'firsts'!!
After our dinner at the world-famous Chegg we had some time to kill so we walked up to the beach. This *seemed* like a good idea until the kids beelined for the water.
DOH!

Once we got them away from the water it was still total mayhem. I don't know how 4 little bodies could cover so much ground...

Then we decided to get a too-cute-group-shot-on-the-beach. This was the first actual 'attempt'.
HA!
Sand to kick... Rocks to stand on... Water to jump in... Logan didn't even make it into the frame until the last snap.
SERIOUSLY!? We thought we were going to get them to stand together nicely?!!? Seriously......!?
Well..... at least you can see all 4 of them. They might not be facing the same direction, or remotely close to one another but still....

Oooo. I don't want to get wet! I better hold up my hair! Wait... that's not right.....

It's my SKIRT that will get wet! Let me hold that up & give the whole beach a show!

This was actually yet another attempt. WHY are we even bothering!?

At least Adrienne got a front row seat in seeing this adorable hug. Too bad she wasn't the one yielding the camera!

Herding cats.
We've all heard that phrase in reference to assembling toddlers but I don't think a better set of pictures has ever exemplified the idiom. Sure, checking out the kids' antics is definitely amusing but FAR FUNNIER is watching Peter from one frame to the next trying to single-handedly get them collected, facing in the right direction and quelling the pandemonium.

OK, so WE threw in the beach towel on getting a too-cute-group-shot-on-the-beach but Logan wasn't ready to give up. Like Luke in the Wampa cave, he tried to channel the Force to corral the younglings. If Nick's hippity hoppity jumping in the background is any indication I'd say Logan better head back over to the Jedi Council for a bit more training....

Back down to the water. Literally.
First we lost Nick - this was snapped JUST as he plopped down.

And then Greg tossed Tori into the surf. Way to go NoNo!

With 2 soaking wet children we decided it was time to head back up to regroup / dry off.
"Hey! C'mon GUYS!!! Wait up!! I just learned to walk over here!!"

Yup. This one is getting framed.
LOVE!!

I was torn on this one........

Gene Kelly & Jerry Mouse or Wile E. Coyote & Road Runner... too close to call.

I've got dozens of videos (countless hours!!) of Adrienne dancing. But NONE of that footage captures her moves as well as these 2 still shots Keri snagged. Her signature style is a cross between headbanging, the Robot and Elaine Benes. The result..... HYSTERICAL!!!

Because we're gluttons for punishment we decided to try ONE MORE TIME for a group shot.
Nick... are we boring you?

Maybe it was the fact that directly behind me is an ice cream shop - and that we had JUST placed our order so they knew the chilly confection was within their sticky fingered reach so they decided to oblige. Whatever the reason this is good enough! Done!!

Yeah! We MADE it!
The play is moving along when they make an announcement that all the children should join Ariella on stage. I looked at Keri, "For real?!?" Sure enough.... they brought every little one up!
Now Tammy was in the back with Logan (who didn't make it past the opening scene with only Scoopy the Pelican) so she watched this unfold and was sweet enough to write it out because her telling of it had me in hysterics:
"They announce for all the children to come up on stage for the yearbook picture. She looks at you then leaps to her feet. There was no stopping her now. From my angle all you could see is a little red tu-tu busting her way thrut the crowd! There was an elbow here a slight shove there...she didnt care!! She was on a mission. Now on stage there was no way she was standing on the side...not her. All I saw was her pushing her way so she could stand practically on top of Ariel. NOBODY was getting her to move. Her feet were NOT moving...she was standing right next to her!! The look of amazement on her face was priceless!!!"

After the show the cast members did a meet & greet with the audience.
Insanity! How am I EVER going to take them to a Broadway show now?!? Going up on stage... Meeting the ENTIRE cast... I'm going to end up spending a trillion dollars, take an entire day to schlep up to the city and they're going to look at me like I'm nuts because they don't get to partake!
ANYWAY............ here go the meet & greets starting with Jellyfish!

There were 2 little clown fish - I can't remember their names... Bait & Tackle? Something witty like that... Nick wouldn't stop squeezing her scales. And Seahorse is in the background.

The sea witch who Nick thought was the COOLEST thing!

The prince...

Scoopy the Pelican who kept getting calls from Ariella on his shellphone (ba dum bump) throughout the show.

And Ariella herself!
Nick was enamored and Adrienne was proud as a peacock!

After the show we headed over to the local watering hole to meet up with the guys (who elected to hold up the bar instead of joining us 'women & children' at the show - can't imagine WHY....).
Adrienne hopped up on the bar stool & made herself at home. She was actually hanging like this for a LONG while - sitting there, chillin', checking out the place. It was adorable although she looked SO GROWN UP!!

ADRIENNE MARIE!! What have I told you about talking to creepy old guys in bars?!?!

We hung out with this lovely family from Ireland. Their boys taught the kids how to play the ring toss game.


After Nick recovered from getting cracked on the head with the brass ring they gave it a couple more goes and saddled up to the bar once more....

Hey barkeep! One more round then close out the tab. We're callin' it a night.

No comments: