Wednesday, August 24, 2011

July - Dancing, Swimming & Running

A few weeks back I posted Adrienne on her first day of Princess Ballet Camp (that would be the infamous Tale of Fails lest anyone forget....) but alas, this is the final day. Her teacher sent over a whole crop of pictures of the class, all 3 girls (Adrienne & 2 sisters), taken over the past few weeks.
Practicing her moves....



Really Adrienne... make yourself at home....

The ballet-princesses with one of the teachers, Miss Kristen.

Forget 'princess'. I SHOULD say the QUEEN of Ballet Camp...!!!

Each week they did a different princess craft... So cute because she would ALWAYS make a second one for Nick - but she would try to 'boy it up' which was virtually impossible considering everything was pastel, glittery and fluffy. But it's the thought that counts!!

And for the grande finale they got to wear their princess dress and go visiting....

... at the salon next door! Too bad Aunt Bess left just a few minutes before they got there....
but she managed to saddle up next to another blue hair who seemed just as entertained with her schenanegans.
And with that, the curtain falls on her very first 'summer camp'....

Kaylin's birthday party meant presents for them! (how does THAT work?!) Pop Pop picked up snorkel and goggle sets and there isn't a better pool this side of the Mississippi to try them out in than Aunt Cindy's!

So the goggles TOTALLY didn't work but Nick could care less. He wouldn't take them off or the snorkel out of his mouth.

Say "Mmmmffftpt!"

On to the main event... the LUAU!
With the girls donning their lole 'au 'au tops and grass skirts they shook their money makers like they were born to hula!

I have ZERO recollection of what Brenna was laughing at but I caught 2 fabulous expressions!!
(and yes, Adrienne is hula'ing SO fast that she's an actual blur...)

Trying to get the boys in the mix but they look like they're more ready to hit up the Early Bird than chillax at a pig roast.

Sure our attempt to get a group shot looks more Lord of the Flies than luau... but hey, we're only missing 2 kids so we didn't do half bad...

I'm pretty sure Adrienne thinks EVERY birthday party at Aunt Cindy's is actually for her. Has she ever NOT been front and center for the cake OR gift opening?!!? *sigh* The REAL birthday girl is in the blue bikini.... Hau 'oli la hanau keiki!!!!

The last day of July (I know, I know..... 2 months later I'm FINALLY catching up.... sorry Tammy!!!!!) started at the park down the street at a 5K fundraiser for a children's advocacy group. There was face painting, balloon animals, stickers....
.... and me running in the 5K! In a very rare moment I'll actually post a picture of myself running - mainly because it was only about 1/10 of a mile into the START of the race (as you can see I did NOT post a picture of myself at the END of the race). Point of the story, my 3rd 5K & I broke (barely) 30min! But I did it! Next year, NYC Marathon is ALL ME! (ummmm, maybe not) Actually, the biggest motivating factor was that I was going to be late to work and my boss is a real hard ass... I was bartending at Monmouth Park's annual Haskell Race that day... which means my boss du jour was................ GREG!

No comments: