Wednesday, August 24, 2011

July - To quote Tom Petty, "She's an American Girl"

Check out this FISH!
NO SWIMMIES! ALL OUT UNDERWATER!
The kicker is that she doesn't actually swim ON the water all that well.... but UNDER water - she might just BE Ariel after all!!

Where's Waldo?
My parents took the kids to a local sprinkler park. Holy Mary Mother of...... WAIT... A... SECOND!!! My own mom IS Mary and SHE said 'see if you can find them!' Thank heaven they went here first and documented the chaos because now I know NEVER to do this solo! Way, way WAY too many bodies and they cannot, and I mean CANNOT, stay in the same place for more than 3.7 seconds. They're like 2 positive ends of a magnet - they insist on going in polar opposite directions in public places when there's only 1 of me. Ugh.
Anyway, back to Where's Waldo? Go ahead, see if you can find them............

On to a much more demure event.... and an event for the baby book no less!
Nick's very first movie.......... Cars 2!

100++ degrees at 8pm. Naturally there's only one thing to do.....
NAKED SLIP N' SLIDE!!
!!!!AWESOME!!!!
Those nudie tushies are just too cute!!
By the time they were done they had grass, bugs, dirt and tree limbs (seriously... TREE LIMBS) in every nook & cranny.
Even Greg joined in (ok, his boxers stayed on...) but since I'd really rather stay married I held back on posting pics with him running around in his drawers.

In a much more refined moment (maybe naked-public-slip-n'-sliding isn't the classiest but it sure was FUN!!) Adrienne donned her finest frock and spent an afternoon with Yiayia at her first 'high tea'....

Yiayia, Yiayia Tasi & her cousins went to American Girl Tea at the Historical Society!

Each and every girl was called up to be introduced and a little tidbit about her doll was also shared with the crowd. The Society sent out cards a few weeks earlier - What is your doll's name? Itty. What does she like to do? Eat. (Not kidding... a few days later trying for something a little more intriguing.... "Adrienne, what does Itty like to do?" "EAT!" OK then...)

What I didn't know was that the ENTIRE event was being held outside.
See naked slip n' sliding a few pictures up. Temperatures 100+ at night.
This was in the middle of the afternoon. I can't believe the girls (umm, old hens!) weren't passing out at story time.....

But no matter how overheated (or even if you're made of plastic)... there's ALWAYS room for dessert because let's not forget... Itty loves to EAT!

Monday evening I roll in from work and Nick's looking awfully skinny. What's going on here....?? COLD TURKEY POTTY TRAINING and there's no diaper around his tush to chub up that derriere!
I've been postponing this exercise for QUITE some time. Every time I ask him if he wants to go on the potty he politely answers, "Ummm, no thanks!" Worked for me.... Alas, he can't go to college in diapers so I guess now is as good a time as any...
So here we are, on & off the toilet more times than I can count with nothing happening. I said, "Let's put Cheerios in there & you can pee on THEM!" "YEAH!" I threw them in, got him to stand on the stool (which is WAY too high up but w/out the stool he's just below the rim) & he wants no part of this. "Mommy, YOU pee on them!" Well, I had to go... so... I peed on them. He wanted to do the flush. Nope. I did the pee, I get to flush. All of a sudden, "I want to sit on the potty!!" He sits, he pees! "Cheerios mommy!" ?!? "But you already did peepee!" "I want to flush the Cheerios!!" So instead of using Cheerios as target practice they're the raise-the-bar-on-the-excitement-over-the-flush-factor. Hey, whatever works.
Bashfully showing off his first big boy drawers....

Tori's last visit was an eye-opening experience for Calvin. He's gotten used to being 1/2 ignored by our 2 terrors. Well Tori saw him turn the corner and she thought he was the cat's meow. (ha!) Since she was so enamored I told Keri that her birthday gift was going to be a kitten. What? A toddler, kitten & 2 newborns...? What's the problem? Keri can handle it......
OK, ok... I'm not THAT evil. Instead we (actually, Adrienne) spotted her very own 'Calvin' at the toy store so we sent her a kitty-care-package. Keri sent along these awesome pictures of her meeting her new pet.

Just like my parents' own creative pet-naming convention... her furry feline's name is.... Cat.

At night we give them shoulder rides to bed. But the last few nights Adrienne has been giving GREG a shoulder ride - so the 2 of them walk around the house with Greg 'on' Adrienne's shoulders.
Time for nonnie, daddy!

No comments: