He came. He saw. He left some eggs.
Let the hunt begin!!!
(Note to self, especially considering that Easter 2013 is a mere 7 weeks away: CLEAN FAMILY ROOM PRIOR TO EGG HUNT. Ay dios mio! What a mess!)
Backstory: Disney 2011. Pirates of the Caribbean makeover. Nick was awarded with beloved rotten, rubber pirate teeth.
A few weeks after our return, and in some hissy fit over random crap around the house, Greg felt the need to throw them out.
(A certain story about Papa Nick and a license plate comes to mind.... like father.....)
Nick was CRUSHED. TORMENTED. DEVASTATED.
I spent weeks trying to buy a new pair. I went so far as to 'buying' a Pirates of the Caribbean makeover but instead of actually going to the appointment I begged them to just send me the damn teeth! No dice. Until my hysteria reached the ears of a darling woman who said the Easter Bunny was WELCOME to stop by and pick up an extra set.
Barbara at Disney - YOU ARE A FINE LASS, NEVER TO BE FORGOTTEN FOR THIS PIECE O' EIGHT!!!
The Easter Bunny left a 50/50 - coins to chocolate filled eggs. Adrienne found 90% coinage. Nick found 90% chocolate. Her piggy bank (and his tummy) were STUFFED!
"Well if the EASTER BUNNY liked it then I'm SURE I will too! Ewwww... Easter Bunny slobber......"
"OK, ok... let ME try..... oh... YICK."
Flashback: The grating of the crayons
A) Peeling crayons is tedious.
B) Grating crayons is a bloody mess. Literally. Knuckles + slippery wax crayons + grater = copious cursing
C) Crayon shavings + styrofoam = static. Flea-like jumping of crayon bits all over me, the counter, the egg cartons, the bags....
D) Holy hell. Did I PURPOSELY put the warm colors in the pink egg carton and the cool colors in the blue carton. I need to be medicated.
.jpg)
A) Peeling crayons is tedious.
B) Grating crayons is a bloody mess. Literally. Knuckles + slippery wax crayons + grater = copious cursing
C) Crayon shavings + styrofoam = static. Flea-like jumping of crayon bits all over me, the counter, the egg cartons, the bags....
D) Holy hell. Did I PURPOSELY put the warm colors in the pink egg carton and the cool colors in the blue carton. I need to be medicated.
.jpg)
And I quote (umm, myself...):
DO NOT:
TOUCH
MOVE
BREATHE ON
MAKE EYE CONTACT WITH
!
With that being said, this is the text I get in the middle of the day.
I don't know who pushes my buttons more: My kids or their bad-influence-nanny.
Fresh out of the pot... molten crayon eggs.... MY FAVORITE!!!!
(as if you hadn't already put that together by the bloody-fingered-crayon-grating to which I subjected myself....)
"MOMMY!! MOMMY!! MOMMY!! CAN I EAT ONE!?!?"
"Mommy! You want a bite? Here. Eat some. It's OK."
"Here Adrienne! I'll peel that for you!"
C'mon. I may get a large FAIL stamp on many a' mothering occasion. But when it comes to Easter egg presentation.... I've got the market cornered.
This year's Monkey Cake didn't quite meet last year's confectionary masterpiece. I completely over-cooked it. Maybe we didn't crank up the sound effects enough. They were a bit lackluster copared to last year's Wiggles tune.
Hence, the title to this post.
Look at that FACE!!!!! I could just eat up those cheeks!
(oh, I mean Ellie's... not mine)
The toughest soul couldn't stand up to this boy's sweetness.
Papou Nick: "Stand on your squares!"
My Nick: "Oh yeah?? I got your square RIGHT HERE old timer!"
Adrienne: "O.M.G. Papou is going to knock Nick into yesterday."
"Hands up, baby hands up! Give me your heart, gimme, gimme your heart..."
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment