Saturday, July 14, 2012

March - Irish is in OUR house!!!!

Adrienne gets Disney Princess magazine (shocking, I know) and each month they feature a page with artwork sent in by kids. She drew an Ariel masterpiece (oh how it broke my heart to mail the original... but thank heaven for scanners!) - we haven't seen it yet but every month we immediately flip to the art section in hopes....
(MICKEY MOUSE!! IF YOU'RE READING THIS, YOU BETTER PRINT IT!!)



Ooooooh no. We can't look.  Is Daddy / Nono playing Words with Friends AGAIN....?!?!

 
 OK, ok.... we'll smile for Yiayia.  After all she IS baking cookies with us!

Down to business.  Sprinkls are serious stuff.

Love those little tushies!

We went down to the Belmar St. Patty's Day parade... it was a dreary day, appropriate enough, but the parade just never got 'going'. There was no excitment in the air.  And the parade itself kept stalling out.  Everyone just standing around - looking at each other.  So odd.

But hey, we got some great self-portraits since there wasn't anything else to do... like watch a parade...



... Climbed a tree - not that there was ANYTHING to see...

... got some candy (umm, I'm pretty sure this was 1 of 2, MAYBE 3, trucks throwing candy.... what's up with THAT?!?!)...


... at least the candy they did get was bubble gum!




Nick's bubble-blowing-technique needs a little work...


And there were DOGS! Dogs, dogs EVERYWHERE! They met SO MANY amazing dogs that day! What the parade lacked in pizazz it made up for in pups.
We didn't meet this guy but I HAD to get a picture of him from afar.



This poor animal. We DO know this guy and love him to pieces.... but that just makes it all the worse.
Max.... I'm so sorry. Your mum tortures you... it's just WRONG!


And there was a celebrity spotting - Karlee, one of the HS 'teachers' with whom Adrienne is enamored.


I'm having some electrolysis done.... and the follow up care requires copious amounts of aloe.
"Wait.  Green.... gooey.... and you get to rub it all over yourself?? Let me at it!"


(I SWEAR she does actually get some toothpaste ON her teeth....)







Greg is going to go flying with my dad.  To prepare he gave Greg headphones and a mountain of paperwork / charts / graphs / books to read for 'fun'. Well, the documentation may not be thrilling but the headphones most certainly are...


"3-CPO! Come in! 3-CPO!"
(the problem is.... I've been trying to correct them for so long half the time IIII even screw up C-3PO!)



If a comm-link isn't readily available your pants will do.




Her voice cracks?  I thought only boys went through puberty.  And in about 10 years from now.  Although I like the scream - it sounds oddly like the Ewok who hijacks the speeder in RotJ (or maybe she sounds more like the speeder itself). And nice touchdown celebration dance.



My college roomies got together for a night out... but that left us with a kid-coverage problem. Greg offered to host a sleepover (!!) while we hit our old stomping grounds.

They built an impressive fort...



... and apparently watched a movie... or 30.




Fashion prep for St. Patty's.
We were going for corkscrew curls (yeah right) and ended up with a Home-Alone-meets-home-girl in the process.



But what we lacked in fabulous hair we made up for in nails.


St. Patty's Day Eve - ironically BACK at Yiayia's house
For those of you keeping track of anniversaries / my-how-time-flies, it was 2 years ago St. Patty's Day Eve I melted down after MONTHS of working on our house but not living there... I packed duffle bags and said enough's enough. I put sheets on our windows and had our mattress on the floor - but we moved in.
ANYWAY.... some QT with Toria and the twins. As usual, best-pics = blurriest-pics.




UGH!  Someone TOOTED!



Look at those little cuddle bugs!! Aren't they the MOST huggable babies ever!?!? (no offense to my own kids or anything...)


Ha! He looks RIDICULOUS!
(umm, when was the last time YOU looked in a mirror, sister?!?)

Adrienne - Cute, cuter, so cute I can't EVEN stand it!
Nick - C'mon... you couldn't give me just ONE halfway decent smile!?!?



So........ I scare the crap out of you and then you want to 'walk with me'?! How can I say no to that sweet little face!?!  And why do I insist on continuing to torture them!?  I'm awful........


Greg and I headed into NYC for a concert while our leprechauns hit the links with Mima and Pop Pop.  After all it IS St. Patty's Day!  Nothing says Irish like a round of golf! (well, maybe Jameson's... or Guinness.... but I guess they have a few years before they can celebrate that way....)




No comments: