I met up with Greg and the kids at the park after work one day..... and what the WHAT?!?! This was NOT the outfit I put on her this morning. But she laid eyes on someone else wearing a skirt and she just HAD to wear one too. I swear it looked way crazier in person than it does in the picture....
Some days you just feel like a mermaid princess and that's all there is to it...
"Get me Beyonce on the phone! What do you mean she's not available?! Then tell her Shakira will do the show and she can forget about showing up for the next season finale of American Idol!!"
(my little Hollywood mover and shaker)
Ahh, the Easter eggs. We're STILL hearing about dying & hunting for Easter eggs - and that was 5 1/2 weeks ago. But it is with this much fervor and passion that Nick makes just about EVERY statement these days.
Oh, and in case you're not clear about what to do with your ice pop.... you LICK IT.
Ahhh, the sidewalk chalk reappears from the depths of the basement...
She wanted to get up close and personal with her rainbow.
Umm, when she put that coat on it WAS solid magenta....
Head, shoulders, knees and toes.... COVERED.
Yiayia's poor bones have suffered more abuse over the last 4 1/2 years than they have over the last 40!
Segue:
You may recall my MIL went batty on Greg's birthday last year (read: a bat got into the house). Well this year the house is for the birds!
I swear, I grew up in the STICKS and didn't have this many encounters with wildlife!!
They torture each other to no end but when it's time to settle down they're BFF. Too cute.

Helping Pop Pop make us a workshop cabinet for our trillions of nuts, bolts, screws & nails.


Namaste......
(ok, ok, it's not kiddie-yoga - it's a dance class at the library)

2009 - a dress ................ 2010 - a tunic ................. 2011 - a tank top
(I swear you WILL get this back one day, Carrie.... but not this year....)

We headed over to the park one afternoon & they rode their bikes for over an HOUR - they stopped EVERY person they passed.... "Hi! What's your name?! How old are you!?" Most people had a good laugh about that. Except for one old hag who was completely offended. And thereby exemplifying what an old hag is! Lesson learned!
End of the afternoon... their little legs couldn't carry them any further so Greg headed off to fetch the car and they climbed the fence to wait. Nick was holding on like his life depended on it.
I FINALLY got my rear in gear (literally!) and ran my first 5K.
1st, 2nd, well, more like 336th but that's ok - I wasn't last.
http://www.jsrc.org/raceresults/lakecomo5kresults.htm
My cheerleaders were waiting for me at the finish line!
No comments:
Post a Comment