Thursday, May 19, 2011

April - Greek Easter (well, everyone's Easter but we're with the Greeks this year)

After an action-packed morning with egg hunting, egg dying, Monkey cake making & carrot eating we began phase II of the Easter festivities at Nick's & my nouna's house!
First task, picture of the kids in their Easter outfits.
Since Nick, Adrienne & Tori were all begrudgingly sitting there Cassandra amped up the fab-factor with an oo-la-la pose!
The big attraction that afternoon, was no doubt, the trampoline.
Love this one - mid jump.

Giant steps are what you take
Walking on the moon
I hope my legs don't break
Walking on the moon

Perfect Marilyn shot.
Well, a perfect backwards Marilyn shot.....

Pretty girl....

Nick got some solo time (sweet!) - but every jump was EXACTLY the same: Dramatic leap, big jump up, roll around laughing.

Big Bad Voodoo Daddy's newest Swing Kids
(ok, for the older gen reading this: they're busting out a fierce Lindy Hop)

Q-T-PIE!!!!!!

DEEP BREATH!!!!

*dainty blow*
("Neek! Bubbas! Neek!!")

Knowing that their Easter outfits were going to last all of about 30 seconds in this GLORIOUS heat wave, we came prepared with a change of clothes. Something to play in but still, it IS a holiday. What better to celebrate Easter but in their shirts straight from the Greek Isles.
Sweaty & serious, they took to their Grecian frocks like white on orzo.

OK, ok.... so that was the only decent shot I got of them right after I changed them.
But then I got this adorable over-heated, red-faced shot of Niko with his Spartan sword.

Keri had him in hysterics with this bug & Bat mobile. It's SO hard to catch this belly laugh-cackle on video.... Listen up - at the very end.




Cassandra: "Mommy... there stuff all over your car..."
Elena: "Yeah... I know, I know... I've got to get it washed..."
No Elena, really, you DIDN'T know that Cassandra was pointing out the deluge of sprinkles that Greg dumped all over your car.
Alas, the rain later that afternoon foiled his plans on that little surprise....

Somehow Nick ended up with an unblemished end on his egg & he wanted NO part of anyone cracking away at it!




Nicole finally caught up to him & in a battle of the Nikes the Greek goddess took the reign of 2011 egg champion.

Egg hunt!

Well Nick, if the scowl doesn't scare the eggs out of hiding the manly way in which you carry your bag certainly will....
"Me? Who, ME?! Adorable... yes, I know...."


Reverse turn, step kick, shuffle ball change, heel tap and........... finish with beer-basket jazz hands.
Now THAT'S how you hunt for Easter eggs.
As Cookie Monster once said,
"NOM NOM NOM NOM"
If I smile at you will you PLEASE just let me eat my candy in peace!??!

"Nouna! There are SPRINKLES in these eggs!!"
"Yeah... I borrowed them from my friend - I guess she filled them with sprinkles for some reason...."
REALLY!??! REALLY, Elena?!? Boy, you are completely miscalculating your dear cousin. And that's all I have to say about that.
Uncle Dirk worked with Nick on his foosball techniques. And he focused. Now, instead of the tongue-flip we have the tongue-in-cheek concentration.
Nick surprised the ladies (hard to see their reactions on the couch) with a shaky-golo dance to wrap up the eveing.

No comments: