Tuesday, February 14, 2012

December - Here Comes Santa Claus Right Down Raritan Valley Line

Now this picture would be considerably more amusing if I had a before & after shot. But I don't. So use your imagination: This bowl was E-M-P-T-Y (with the exception of the fish, Goofy) for weeks. We kept meaning to get to the pet store to pick up some ambiance for the little gupper but somehow it never happened. Well one afternoon I get a text message with this picture and I fell out of my chair in hysterics.
We had all discussed getting him a plant. Then Adrienne picked the starfish, Nick the treasure chest and Greg added the dead statue.
Poor little guy went into a state of shock. He went from nothingness to Davy Jones Locker.
Oh, he's DIRECTLY behind the flash - you can barely make out his head & tail.
What happens in Oakhurst stays in Oakhurst.
(He likes to wear my brown boobies. But not my black boobies. He says those are for daddy.)

Well it only took about 78 hours of Daddy Daycare for someone to get a welt on their head - he did a swan dive off the couch into the coffee table.

And so begins the Christmas season!
A surprise visit from Santa during coffee hour at church!!

The tradition continues.... the first Christmas cards establish residence in the dining room windows!


So THIS is what life with 3 kids looks like!
Greg planned a special morning for Adrienne, Nick & Tori....

It was really much cuter in person - this cavernous stairwell and 3 little tots running through it like they owned the place.
(of course they were hand-in-hand-in-hand before they got to the stairs but I couldn't get the camera out of my pocket fast enough)

Now they still don't know what's going on. Of course they aren't complete dopes (well, Tori may be borderline at the moment), they've figured out that they're going on a train but they don't know who is going to BE on the train....

Hands down, the cutest goddaughter EVER!

The excitement is building!

The kids managed to get a hold of the camera - taking pictures of each other.


Then we spot............. Adrienne's cheeks!
(it's not really that difficult, she suffers from an acute case of Plumber's Crack)
Tori goes for the tickle.

And gets her good!

But Adrienne got her revenge.

She LOVES her NoNo.
L-O-V-E-S LOVES....!

Look over here! It's Santa!
Psych!
But at least I managed to get a picture of them all facing the camera.

It was a meeting of the Christmas forces as the carol-singing Girl Scounts converged with Santa right in front of us!.

Everyone facing the camera and........... blurry.

Take 2: Tori & Nick have already checked out.
But the picture is in focus!

One of Santa's elves...
(Don't tell the kids.... BUT.... I saw her getting elf gear on before the train left the station..... and I *think* she might be a regular person *pretending* to be an elf. I could be wrong.....)

Who needs The Fresh Beat Band when there are singing GSs?! Another group came through and one of the girls was sweet enough to let us get a picture of them together.

Excitement for Santa was nothing compared to.........

........................Mrs. Claus handing out candy canes!

Think Adrienne likes it? Maybe a little.....

All I can say is THANK HEAVEN I brought an ENTIRE pack of wipes.

What was that about Tori loving her NoNo....
*awwww*!

We went to the diner afterwards for a little nosh.
Tori was pointing at Greg's plate and asking for something. He picked up the ketchup. She shook her head. He picked up a french fry. She shook her head.
"Greg...... I think she wants your pickle!"
He pointed to it & she got all excited. She ate the WHOLE THING. A diner pickle. Really Tori!?!

The kids were fascinated by the Santa figure in the lobby and wanted their picture taken with him.
I asked Tori if she wanted to be in the picture - no way jose. Can't say I blame her one bit.
Creeee-py.

After getting Tori back home we headed down to Patterson Farms for our Christmas tree.
Jeez..... those lucky ducks had their own personal driver at the ready the minute we opened the car door!

And they're off in the sea of trees!

They consistently picked out 2 types of trees: Those fit for Rockefeller Plaza and those fit for Charlie Brown. This would be the latter.

We finally found our Hanukkah Bush and got Uncle Rich to do the honors.

Keeping an eye on him. Not a bad idea. He's a shady character.

Rich wasn't going to let his onlookers off the hook - he had each of them get in there and help out!


Greg & Rich walk off with the tree and Nick announces, "MOMMY! I have to go POTTY!"
Well, it's about 30 degrees but we're a mile from the house so a man's got to do what a man's got to do!
(don't worry Shar, I took him down to the river!!)

Back at home the kids were SO excited to put the candy canes on the tree...

Nick was having a hard time getting them to stay on....
"Will you help me Adgerinne?"

"Sure buddy!"

My favorite part of our tree......... it actually had pinecones on it!
(but we're DEFINITELY going back to the Douglas Fir next year Shar!)

It's just not Christmas without a Yule log!
(ok, we've never had one before but Greg wanted to ramp up the Christmas spirit so he ran out & picked one up)

We're officially ready to start Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree!

No comments: