We had a few surprises saved up for our last day...
Back in MK we took the kids on their first 'real' roller coaster - Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.
The second the ride started Adrienne started screaming - and she did NOT stop the entire time. Literally. She would stop for a second, catch her breath and just..... scream.
Back in MK we took the kids on their first 'real' roller coaster - Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.
The second the ride started Adrienne started screaming - and she did NOT stop the entire time. Literally. She would stop for a second, catch her breath and just..... scream.
"Hhhhh Hhhhh. Ummmm, I like it. Ummmm, no it's scary. Ummm, I don't know. AHHHHHHHHHHH"
Then I caught her digging it!
(even though she was still screaming)
Did you like it?!?
"THAT WAS OUR FAVORITE RIDE............... EVER!!!"
And it is! They're STILL talking about it!! (3mos later!!)
We headed back over to Adventureland and bumped into Aladdin! Unfortunately he was just heading out and we missed the cutoff to meet him. He felt terrible about it & kept talking to Adrienne & Nick even as the 'palace guard' was ushering him away!! Such a sweetie....
As for the grand finale surprises.... we planned a one-on-one afternoon for the kids with my parents - Boys Only & Girls Only....
Today, Nick starts off a boy.... but ends as an Admiral of the Black at The Pirates League!!
After almost an hour wait (!! WHY do they insist on appointments?! jeez - worse than going to the doc's!) Nick was called up to the helm to begin the transformation.
Getting signed into the official Pirate Record Book.
And so it begins...
I think the photographer is the scariest (if not creepiest) pirate of them all.
Shiver me timbers, matey! That be the the most fearsome scallywag of the American Main!!

And by order of Captain Jack Sparrow, the newest scourge of the seven seas shall now be referred to as Captain Solomon Goodwater!!

Now for the land-lubber-lassies, we had quite a different afternoon in the works. Adrienne and Mima had an invitation to.............. Cinderella's Castle for lunch!!!

Greg and I stayed with them as they waited to be called... The second they announced their names, Adrienne hopped off the bench, threw her head back and with both hands, flicked her hair off her shoulders a few times, gave her head a Breck-girl shake and marched through the castle gate like she owned the joint.
It was BEYOND hysterical and of course.... one of those if-only-I-caught-THAT-on-film moments.... *sigh*
Ummm, you want me to hold HIS hand???
Their formal portrait!!
(And oh..... Pretty Girl I am so SO sorry!! I forgot to bring her strappy gold sandles to the park... AND I forgot to take off her layering tank & leggings that I put on just to keep her warm during the cooler morning.)

3 martinis later the room was spinning... (kidding!!!). But it's the only picture of the dining room so I wanted to post it...
They managed to get a window-side table overlooking the courtyard!
The cutest little princess in town!
She's saying she wants to be Belle-in-the-blue-dress for Halloween. And since Corinne's play (January post to come) Nick has been stomping around singing Gaston's song.... How fun would that be!?
They were given wands and wishing stars and taught HOW to make a wish....
.... close your eyes and tap your wand on the wishing star!
Out in the courtyard Scallywag Solomon met up with us as we got to see him for the first time!
Those teeth! The makeup! The eye patch, medallion, sash, earring, bandana & sword! I don't know where to look first!
(and Adrienne's fashion faux pas wasn't the only of the day - I had forgotten to bring Nick's pirate boots as well.... ugh... my brain was fried at this point....)
Showing off his sword skills.
"Nick!? Did they teach you how to fight with a sword?!"
"YEAH!!!! FIVE of them!"
OK........ so maybe we need to do a little work on his counting skills before he finesses his sword skills.....
Adrienne & Mima emerge.... and the pictures speak for themselves. She was just a *little* excited!
A princess, a pirate & 2 exhausted parents.
"Mommy! We want YOU to bring us back to Disney!!"
No comments:
Post a Comment