If she sucks her tummy in far enough maybe it won't feel quite so frigid.
"OK now Nick. YOU go down first and let me know how cold it is...."
I think our slip n' slide is made of SANDPAPER
Here he goes....
Forget this. I'm outta here!
Ahhhh! It's pokin' me!!
Her goal was to hit the 2 balls....
20 minutes later it actually happened.
THEN............. things took a turn. As you can see our 'landscaping' remains to be a patch of dirt with some moss and weeds. Therefore, we have glorious mud. Tons and tons and TONS of mud.
Admiring her work...
I've said it before and heaven knows I'll say it again.... how this boy keeps his noggin' from tipping him over is beyond me....
More body paining. Don't people pay good money for mud baths?!? Jeez.... I should put a sign out on the main street, pointing all the benny's our way: Jersey Shore Mud Baths ~ $15. Talk about a get rich quick scheme....
His scary mud monster impersonation.
Once he was up to his ears, literally, that's when I made the judgement call that it was time for a bath. Also, we were expecting a very important house guest that evening.
Mud washed off, preparations began for THE BIG VISIT. WHOSE visit you may ask: President Obama, nah. Elvis, whatever. Darth Vader, well, he might rate a homemade treat too... but tonight Adrienne's girlfriend from school, Ceanna, was coming for dinner. The ONE AND ONLY reason she has ever stated for wanting to go back to school... to see Ceanna. So this night has been MUCH anticipated.
The motley crew: Ceanna, Nia (Who Nick referred to as Ceanna ALL night. Ceanna was also Ceanna. They were both Ceanna. ??), Adrienne & Nick
Nia: "You wanna RACE. C'mon boy. I'll show you who's queen of the road." Photo op over, they all pushed off & INTO EACH OTHER!! Too funny. Of course I didn't have the camera ready for that one...
Big hugs!
But Nick caught sight of the hug fest and came tearing across the driveway.... "Can I have a hug too!??!" I asked Ceanna if she would give him a hug....
... she obliged. He was SO happy. (About 5 minutes after they arrived Nick came over to me, all starry-eyed.... "She TALKED to me!!!" He DEFINITELY loves the ladies...)
Hey, it's just not a party until your naked, tootin' and sticking out your tongue.
What kid, young or old, doesn't love to.... chase fireflies.
No comments:
Post a Comment