Wednesday, January 19, 2011

December - New Years Eve

FIVE DAYS AFTER the storm....
This is simply a RIDICULOUS amount of snow...
We went for a walk around the neighborhood to give everyone their applesauce-ornaments (yes, yes, it's after Christmas... better late than never.....)

After our visits the kids got their first SOLID afternoon of playing in the snow.
HEAVEN!


They trudged over to their usual playing spot - I hung back & started shoveling out the patio
(why?? who knows... not like we're having a BBQ any time soon....)
They played hard for a while then both flopped down & chatted...
What in the world a 4 year old & 2 year old have to chat about I don't know.... and how their rear ends weren't COMPLETELY frozen is another head-scratcher.... but they sat there for a long, LONG time. Long enough that I finally headed out there too....
"Watch this, mommy!"


I can't beging to tell you how many times she did this.... and how much snow ended up in her drawers!!!

So while we were out & about visiting the neighbors Nick's face met the pavement thanks to the ice skating rink that is our road...
In typical Nick mode, he shook it off in about 3 minutes but MAN.... talk about road rash!
Slightly frozen, definitely insane, from the afternoon spent in the snow we wrap up 2010.....
Happy "Newd" Year everyone!!!

No comments: