Tuesday, June 26, 2012

December - And..... that's a wrap.

Clearly, the choice place to tackle one's brother is next to a hutch filled with antique Irish porcelain at your aunt's house in the middle of a Christmas dinner.


Whoa. That's pointy.
Last year Nick tore through Aunt Grace's kitchen and ended up with a goose egg after cracking his noggin' on the corner of the dining room table en route to the formal living room (filled with creamy whites, more antique glassware.... WHY this woman allows us to come over at all is beyond me.... lest we forget the 2008 Christmas dinner when they ended up in the tub thanks to explosive arses).
POINT IS.............. while it was oh-so-fun to relive the goose egg moment... the bigger story..... holy TALL!  Look how BIG he's gotten (*tear*)!!


After we successfully migrated out of the rooms with highly stainable whites and easily breakable china that's when the party REALLY took off......... whippets!
(kidding!!!!!!!!!)


But who doesn't love a mouthful of WHIPPED CREAM!?!
It's only fair.... we were getting it in our Irish coffees.... (the hands-down-BEST Irish coffee this side of the pond, I might add) we had to share the wealth with the wee ones.


"Uncle Tom!  Can I have some!?!?"
The poor guy looked like a deer in headlights.  "Umm, I don't want to corrupt your daughter or anything....."
Trust me, a shot of whipped cream today isn't going to land her on a stripper pole tomorrow.
(although she IS showing a little skin there.....)


The traditional kids-in-the-snowmen picture!
Again... *tear* I remember when you couldn't tell a stuffed snowman from a baby!
See you next Christmas....!
(if we're allowed back..............)


An outting with Yiayia and Papou to Northlandz!

Aunt Cindy hosted a New Years Rockin' Eve that totally blew the doors off of anything Dick Clark ever televised.
So maybe there was a little confusion at first... Cinco de Mayo.... or December 31st...
The POINT was to share the super cute snowmen cupcakes that the kids worked on all day.


MORE holiday confusion!?
Halloween........... No! DECEMBER 31st people!!! 


The only picture I managed to get with both dogs and my kids in the same frame. 

Kaylin quite literally walks around the house.... hula hooping! She's incredible at it!

About to strike midnight (or.......... maybe more like 9....)
Hats, check. Noisemakers, check. Leis, sure why not... check. Bubbly (ok, ok... sparkling apple cider), check.


"Here's a toast to the future, A toast to the past, And a toast to our friends, far and near. May the future be pleasant; The past a bright dream; May our friends remain faithful and dear."

Or.... maybe it was more like random screaming, hooting and hollaring, but I'm SURE that the sentiment was still there....

Every kid took a sip, made a face and walked away from it.
My 2, one word: CHUG

Yeah, sure. I'll have another.



Party girl had ONE too many glasses of non-alcoholic apple cider!


Oh boy.... fading fast.


Nope! Second wind!


 Confetti canon arms at the ready.....

Maybe it loses a little something when there aren't a hundred thousand people in a swarm of confetti standing beneath you....
Hey, I'm just thrilled it isn't my backyard that it got thrown into! 


Because it's just THAT good of a picture.... I had to share / brag!

And that's a wrap, people.
See you in 2012.

No comments: