Tuesday, May 5, 2009

May

Every night when I put her to bed I say, "OK, we'll have fun tomorrow." On Friday night I added, "Maybe we'll go to the park!" She looked at me, deadpan and said, "Sopping". "You want to go to the park AND go shopping?!" "And ott dogs." "You want to go to the park AND go shopping AND eat hot dogs!?" "And i cahm." "So you want to go to the park AND go shopping AND eat hot dogs AND ice cream!!?!?" With a wink and a smile she tilted her head and said, "Yeaaaahhh." So how could I not oblige!?
I don't have any pictures at Target which probably would've been the best of all - I had Nick in the stroller, Adrienne in the top of the cart and an overflowing basket. I think I really may have 8 arms....
But here's the park where she has become a climbing MANIAC!

Then to Stewarts for hot dogs, french fries (ok, those weren't requested but I rock like that)...


... & ice cream.

The little girl that was A-din is no more. She's got that 3rd syllable in there... (and a hiccup to start)


The first dip of the season. And just........ a LITTLE too chilly for Nick.

Got the water all warmed up & it turned in to the usual scene - Nick splashing furiously & Adrienne pleading with him to stop "MICK! NO SPASHING, MICK!"

I just don't know what's more fabulous... the bikini, the chub, the sunglasses or the fact that she is SUCH a girly-girl and wouldn't go in past her ankles.

*phew* And after a rough day in the sun she kicked back and enjoyed a mojito. That's right. A MOJITO. Aunt Keri & Adrienne shared their own baby-friendly pitcher.

In the middle of saying "two" - and showing 2 fingers (as in, she gets 2 jelly beans for going pee on the potty, which explains naked baby). She hasn't quite figured out how to curl down the other 3 fingers so what we get is this semi-Vulcan salute.
Awwww, a photo for the baby books, right. Yeah, not so much once I actually looked AT Nick instead of thru the camera screen. Go on, click on the picture so you can see it too. *sigh* Dogs & Nick... they can only eat so much grass before they puke (or 'pink' as Adrienne calls it).

Move over Farah, Charlie's got a new angel & she's armed with bubbles!

Hot Tub Skinny Dipping

Bink = Good --------------------- Bink = wt...?!?

Coming to a Star Wars convention near you:

Storm Pooper
Sith Happens

Dark Side
This one was too cute not to add... fresh out of the tub, chub rolls abound, bath toy wedged in his mouth... awww

There are these moments that you can see into the future & know EXACTLY what she's going to look like when she's 'all-grown-up'. This is one of them... (ok, maybe you'll need to add some tattoos, pink streaks in her hair, a piercing or two... but close enough...)

Nick's latest impression:
M
ichael Strahan
Halleluliah. Nick finally figured out the whole 'chewing' thing AND how to feed himself (as I discovered last week when I found him under the coffee table eating Adrienne's rogue Cheerios off the floor...)


Speaking of the coffee table, I don't know what it is about this kid but it doesn't matter where you put him.... or how long it takes... but he will eventually get himself under the coffee table - and loves it there. And Adrienne... well she just likes to take all of Nick's toys out of his toy bin & then get in herself.

A playdate with Leyna. Sure Adrienne would say cheese but heaven forbid she should actually turn her attention away from this fabulous contraption and look at the camera. Leyna, however, was ready to mug.

"OMG, don't you just LOVE my shirt!? This super cool chick game it to me..."

I have never, NEVER EVER seen her this excited - twice while holding her she actually started shaking when she spotted new rides.

So much for the swing in the backyard now. She wants it to go 'high-ah' like the kite ride.

Even Greg packed himself into a tea cup.

Yiayia helped Adrienne on to Nicholas (check out the saddle) so at least he'd represent. But then....
We got waved on! Who cares about height requirements... safety... WHATEVER. Gotta love traveling carnies.

Mother's Day at Monmouth County's hidden gem - Collier Park.


My cousin is a very brave (mmmm, slightly toasted?) man... letting his 4 1/2yr old play photojournalist with his SLR. His theory was that Ryan couldn't do much more damage than he could do himself. Hmm... I seem to remember... August 2008... Adrienne + my PREVIOUS point & shoot camera = new camera for mommy.

She's SUCH a girl. We tried to introduce her to the sandbox's resident frogs. You would've thought we asked her to cuddle with a viper.


Good moods on Mother's Day. Best gift EVER.

Taking a page from George Costanza book on bathroom etiquette.

We realized we didn't have 'a baby & a beer' picture with Nick yet. He completed the shot with the half-in-the-bag look on his face

Who knew Hannibal Lecter had one of the best comedic lines of all times: "I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti. fihfihfihfihfih"



Whoa nellie!

Our neighbors had family over... she wanted to go play with the big kids SO BADLY and then couldn't wipe the smile off her face once she did.
First you feed the babies.

Then you burp them & put them down for a nap!


So I was in the kitchen washing dishes (WHAT is it about becoming a mother that makes you & the kitchen sink attached at the hip?!? ugh!) & all of a sudden I hear, "Look mommy!" She scooted up behind him and was giving him the BIGGEST hug. TOO FREAKIN' CUTE!
Class pictures!!!
Violet pulled through for me this year - having the token meltdown.

Have you EVER seen such a serious looking bunch of kids!? What... were they watching Schindler's List or something?!? I mean REALLY!

No comments: