Somehow this little TWO year old ended up with FOUR birthday parties. Let's recap:
Party #1 - The Fam
Macy's Thanksgiving Parade ain't got nothin' on Yiayia's kitchen jam packed with SIX balloons all to herself.
Party #1 - The Fam
Macy's Thanksgiving Parade ain't got nothin' on Yiayia's kitchen jam packed with SIX balloons all to herself.
.jpg)
Cake & wine. It was a win-win.
C.jpg)
FINALLY! It's time for her to sing what we've been hearing ALL week "Hap-py too-too Aaaa-den..."
She's all business. No time to open presents when there's work to be done putting stickers on noses.
.jpg)
Party #2 - The Under 21 Crowd
They were closing in on me. Fast. I don't know what they were plotting but I got out of dodge. (OK, all I had to do was stand up.).jpg)
We can barely get her to sit thru a 15 minute dinner yet here sit EIGHT 2yr olds like little ladies & gents.
C.jpg)
This would be Avi & Jason. We hear about these 2 & Adam DAILY, and multiple times a day at that. Boy crazy already...C.jpg)
Megan's mom & I have been trying to catch one of their too-cute-for-words-hugs but we're both a day late & a dollar short at busting out the camera in time... FINALLY!
C.jpg)

.jpg)


.jpg)

Hey there.
.jpg)
Ah ha! Success! 3 times in a row no less! And this second time he actually went from belly to back but of course I had already stopped the camera & missed it...
Hey, I'm thrilled that she can put her hat on all by herself but she's always more interested in wearing the hat Nick has on. She's also discovered yanking it off his sleeping head is a sure-fire way to wake him up. (See video 5 frames up.)
ANYWAY... I can't wait for his 4mos appointment to find out how big his head is. I swear her head is smaller....
Sidenote: Doesn't she look like an earthy-crunchy deadhead? I can TOTALLY see her hazily walking around a college campus dressed like this...
.jpg)
You can pick your friends and you can pick your nose. But you can't pick your friend's nose.
This statement does not apply to brothers.
EC.jpg)
!? Is it possible to get that thumb in there ANY further??

The bouncy is back. Note how Nick clings to the strap for dear life as she plots to catapult him into New Brunswick...
.jpg)
And the bumbo chair reappeared too! Oh wait... wrong kid.

And he's up!

She now informs me when I need to get the camera. "Peeshoos" she says.
.jpg)
Party #2 - The Under 21 Crowd
They were closing in on me. Fast. I don't know what they were plotting but I got out of dodge. (OK, all I had to do was stand up.)
.jpg)
We can barely get her to sit thru a 15 minute dinner yet here sit EIGHT 2yr olds like little ladies & gents.
C.jpg)
This would be Avi & Jason. We hear about these 2 & Adam DAILY, and multiple times a day at that. Boy crazy already...
C.jpg)
Megan's mom & I have been trying to catch one of their too-cute-for-words-hugs but we're both a day late & a dollar short at busting out the camera in time... FINALLY!
C.jpg)
Party #3 - Pie de Deux
Pizza & pastry for dinner on her birthday.

Party #4 - Cousin's Confectionary
A fabulous cake by Corinne & Cassandra. They were also instrumental in teaching her the art of picking the icing off.
.jpg)
4 little kids all looking somewhat towards the camera, appearing to sorta like each other with no googlie-eyes or tongues sticking out - that's just a miracle plain & simple.
So I left her alone for 2.2 seconds to run upstairs & get something. I came back down & she wasn't in the same spot - almost never a good sign. But low & behold she had picked up her shoes, put them on, strapped them down (to be fair, it was only velcro so this isn't quite the incredible feat it sounds like) AND put them on the right feet......... all by herself & without being asked!!

Game: Guitar Hero
Band: AC/DC
Score: 98%
Rock on Adrienne. Rock on.
8 days & counting!

Yes, she calls him Mick (destined to be a Stones fan...?) and sometimes Mickey (or just a Mouseketeer...? only time will tell.....)
And there's NOTHING more exciting than when he's just waking up.
(probably b/c that means the end of the broken record she hears of 'Shhhh. Nick is sleeping.')
And there's NOTHING more exciting than when he's just waking up.
(probably b/c that means the end of the broken record she hears of 'Shhhh. Nick is sleeping.')
Trying... so.... hard..... to...... roll....... OVER
.jpg)
FOILED AGAIN!
Between his big ol' noggin and toy mat this kid just can't catch a break...
Between his big ol' noggin and toy mat this kid just can't catch a break...

Hey there.
.jpg)
Ah ha! Success! 3 times in a row no less! And this second time he actually went from belly to back but of course I had already stopped the camera & missed it...
Hey, I'm thrilled that she can put her hat on all by herself but she's always more interested in wearing the hat Nick has on. She's also discovered yanking it off his sleeping head is a sure-fire way to wake him up. (See video 5 frames up.)
ANYWAY... I can't wait for his 4mos appointment to find out how big his head is. I swear her head is smaller....
Sidenote: Doesn't she look like an earthy-crunchy deadhead? I can TOTALLY see her hazily walking around a college campus dressed like this...
.jpg)
You can pick your friends and you can pick your nose. But you can't pick your friend's nose.
This statement does not apply to brothers.
EC.jpg)
!? Is it possible to get that thumb in there ANY further??
The bouncy is back. Note how Nick clings to the strap for dear life as she plots to catapult him into New Brunswick...
.jpg)
And the bumbo chair reappeared too! Oh wait... wrong kid.

And he's up!

She now informs me when I need to get the camera. "Peeshoos" she says.
OK, that's cool. I always welcome a photo shoot to hopefully get some cute shots like this one...
.jpg)
She's even doing stop-action-posing to make sure I get the peeshoos she wants to see.
C.jpg)
How do you like the bright orange fish stuck in her teeth. Hey, these are the pics SHE wanted...
C.jpg)

She has the tp toss down like an old pro

A few weeks ago we were sitting there eating dinner - she was chowing away - when she suddenly threw her fork down, tossed her head to the side with her nose up in the air and with Oscar-deserving drama declared, "No yike it!"
A minute later she cleared her plate.
Bubblebath hair
(not sure what's going on with the gratuitous cleavage pose....??)
And with the new year came Calvin QT! It only took 2 years for him to accept the fact that she wasn't leaving. Come to think of it, that's how long it took for him to come out of hiding while Greg was around too......
.jpg)
She's even doing stop-action-posing to make sure I get the peeshoos she wants to see.
C.jpg)
How do you like the bright orange fish stuck in her teeth. Hey, these are the pics SHE wanted...
C.jpg)
So Nick made it through his first month of daycare without a sniffle but rang in the new year with a whopper.
He's ready to hop in a TIE fighter & kick destroy the Rebel scum!
Check out this big girl pony!!
C.jpg)
Sing... sing a song... sing out loud...
(I love how Twinkle Twinkle morphs into Itsy Bitsy Spider...)
As much as she LOVES to play deff-up (dress-up), she won't put anything on past her head
(She's also discovered Nick is a very willing participant when playing dress-up. OK, maybe I kind of showed her how he just sits there as we pile tiaras on his head - but as per Greg I am not to post any of those pictures under penalty of death - or getting impregnated with #3!)
She's also REALLY in to stickers - especially putting them on her hands, feet, arms, legs and NOSE.

And everybody else's nose.

Poor kid is going to go cross-eyed from trying to get a look at them...
C.jpg)
C.jpg)
Sing... sing a song... sing out loud...
(I love how Twinkle Twinkle morphs into Itsy Bitsy Spider...)
As much as she LOVES to play deff-up (dress-up), she won't put anything on past her head
(She's also discovered Nick is a very willing participant when playing dress-up. OK, maybe I kind of showed her how he just sits there as we pile tiaras on his head - but as per Greg I am not to post any of those pictures under penalty of death - or getting impregnated with #3!)
She's also REALLY in to stickers - especially putting them on her hands, feet, arms, legs and NOSE.

And everybody else's nose.

Poor kid is going to go cross-eyed from trying to get a look at them...
C.jpg)
Big, big, BIG doins'!! Her first pee-pee on the potty!!!!

She has the tp toss down like an old pro

A few weeks ago we were sitting there eating dinner - she was chowing away - when she suddenly threw her fork down, tossed her head to the side with her nose up in the air and with Oscar-deserving drama declared, "No yike it!"
A minute later she cleared her plate.
Bubblebath hair
(not sure what's going on with the gratuitous cleavage pose....??)
And with the new year came Calvin QT! It only took 2 years for him to accept the fact that she wasn't leaving. Come to think of it, that's how long it took for him to come out of hiding while Greg was around too......
.jpg)


C.jpg)


No comments:
Post a Comment